User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Permanent disable of "key reminder beep"

I just pull the key out by 1cm, leaving it in the key slot and that stops the alert, and it still serves then to remind you when you do need reminding. Normally I hate nanny beeps, such as seat belt alerts, but I have few issues with this one.

Great idea/work This site needs more How-To's

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_MPS6 View Post
    I just pull the key out by 1cm, leaving it in the key slot and that stops the alert, and it still serves then to remind you when you do need reminding. Normally I hate nanny beeps, such as seat belt alerts, but I have few issues with this one.

I assume its each to their own i did this 3.5yrs ago and never had a issue or a near lock keys in the car since mod was done. If your concerned about locking keys in the car dont forget you use the remote to lock the car.
    MAZDA 3 SP23 : XFORCE : EIBACH : WHITELINE : AUTOEXE : CORKSPORT : KMAC : TWM : AFX :SCANGUAGE 2 : XHP : KUMO : CARBON PRODUCTS : AERO BODY STYLING : BLAUPUNKT : INFINITY : TOMTOM : SPARKSECRET.COM : MONZA : AERPRO : JBS Customs : FHRX EARTHING KIT : DYNAMATT : UNIDEN : RFI : iPOD : STINGER : REDLINE Tuning :

SUBARU FORESTER MY10 XT-P
    : TCP AUTO : HYPERFLOW : PERRIN : WHITELINE : STi : BREMBO : BEATRUSH : TURBOSMART : LENSO : PULSE RACING TUNE @ 182 AWKW

Thanks for the photos my man.................
    I did the job this afternoon & I cany believe it would be so easy..........
    The PICS help big time..............
    Peace & quiet @ last...................

moi bien

too easy mate....glad i could help!

just did this mod to my MPS, works a treat and all lights and everything else work normally! only thing i had trouble with was removing the wire out of the plug! bastard jus didnt wanna come out!! so i snipped it instead, cant see myself ever wanting that beeping back again!!!

Cheers for the How-To

Best freaking How To on the entire Forum!!

I did this last night when I got home from work, took me 10-15mins to complete and now I can live in peace, specially when cleaning the inside of my car and playing some tunes at last!

it's true what they say "Silence is Golden"....

Waaaahhhhh!!!!
    Do Not Fear Torque Steer...

ZOOM F*cking ZOOM Biatch!!

I just did this on my 08 and interior lights no longer automatically turn on after key is removed but I rather the serenity rather than the mood lighting

anyone else with a 08 do this without any changes?

Will this also disable the beep when you leave your lights on?

I'm sure the headlight on warning still works. Cause I have autolights, i was wondering where this beeping was coming from when my friend turned on the headlights. this is for my MPS 3

I just done this in the Mazda 6 MPS, it's nothing similar to the 3.
    Anyway, I got rid of that dreading beep

Quote Originally Posted by High on PSI View Post
    I just done this in the Mazda 6 MPS, it's nothing similar to the 3.
    Anyway, I got rid of that dreading beep
    if its nothing similar what did you do to remove the beep?

The key beep reminder plug is a 2 wire connector, not just a single red wire with the black stripe on it.
    And the connector is on the same housing as the key insert which is on the right side, looking from the pictures for the 3 it looks like it's on the left side.

i just found this thread through a google search - and was about to say hallelujah! until i read that the guy who did it on a 2008 lost his auto lights on (interior) function.

Anyone else done this with success? i hate hate hate the beeping noise this car makes (other than lights on reminder). seatbelt especially.

Phewww, that was easier than I thought. Girl power to that :P no more beep!!
    Last edited by kb90; 17-01-2013 at 06:40 PM.

16. Default Keeping this worthy thread alive!

Thanks for threads like these, I can find out handy info like this!
    Mod done! Took 20 minutes. Note there was a third screw on the lower casing of steering wheel surround, near steering wheel height adjustment lever, but besides that, everything the OP wrote was correct!

No more beeping when I have key in ignition barrel and door open.
    Handy when listening to music and/or doing an interior clean.

Couldn't find or see linked pics, but description good enough.

Mod done on my 2006 MPS3.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12