User Tag List

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Price Watch - Gen 2 MPS

Default Price Watch - Gen 2 MPS

Ordered my new Aluminium 3 MPS Luxury today and thought I'd set the benchmark for the best price. Getting it for $45,950 Drive Away with Lock nuts, MPS mats, tinted windows and cargo tray. I am also getting them to change the dashboard trim from the red dotted black plastic to the brushed Aluminium from the SP25 (same as centre console panel around the gear stick). I'm keeping the trim incase the next owner wants it but it looked cheap to me.
    I could have it this week but I've asked them to hold it until late next month so I can get rid of my ute (no room in the garage) and I can get it earlier if the ute sells quick.
    So if you going to do some wheeling and dealing you have something to work from.
    Keep in mind we have brought 2 Mazdas through these guys in the last 8 years.

You did better than me, who has now purchased 3 mazdas from the same dealership in the past 5 years.

Then again, each state will be different due to different associated charges in respect of rego/stamp duty etc etc.

What dealerships did you lads head to? Maybe the Mod's or Admins can use the OzMPSClub name to get us some discounts at one dealership per state? Better than 10 people going to 10 different places..

Just a thought.

A.

Well if thats the case....

Im 100% for south city Mazda at Mt gravatt...

Contact Eric

I have his cards in my car to hand out

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Thanks mate - I'll check it out later this week.. Even though I think the previous (I dont like using the word 'old') model is far better than the newer model, its still new.. And the push start is kinda cool.. Kinda..

A.

Whats RRP?

*edit*
    $43,290*

so.. you should be more than able to get it for that price or cheaper.

When mine was new
    Sports pack + alarm + tints + mats + reverse sensors + extended warranty
    I got it for $43k drive away.

Wait a month till the hype dies down and then bend a dealer over.

I basically walked in, drove it then said.
    "I want (the above) drive away for 43, its either going to be the quickest sale you have ever made or ill go somewhere else"
    5 minutes later after he sweated it out with the manager I signed - Me thinks I could have done better...

Hint for beginners, if they begin to talk finance numbers (eg $$ per week) bring them back to the total figure, negotiate that first then worry about finance.

Rule of thumb - RRP can be had drive away plus a few options...
    Dealer delivery should not be on the paperwork - if the car is sold to you or you buy it off the lot, it has to get there somehow (not your problem)..
    I have never paid dealer delivery (as a separate price).

Do your homework first and don't be conned, they may offer you a 'once off price' though if you went back the next week (or to another dealer) you will get it again.. You can always come back.

Most importantly make it clear to them that the figure you are discussing is drive away so nothing can be added later.

*now ive saved you all some case feel free to send me a case of beer haha
    Last edited by Jmac; 27-07-2009 at 07:57 PM.
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Jmac - wicked 'review' on the downlow procedure. Good read :-)

I think the best point you made is that there is no such thing as a 'once off price'. Total bullshit.

Good work.

A.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyMPS3 View Post
    Jmac - wicked 'review' on the downlow procedure. Good read :-)

I think the best point you made is that there is no such thing as a 'once off price'. Total bullshit.

Good work.

A.
    No problemo.

The best advice I can give you is, know what you can get it for, take charge - be direct and dont muck them around.

I have been quite successful at getting good prices with cars - if any of my mates go I am always the one they take.

If anyone has any questions I would be more than happy to answer (as would others), either here or via PM.
    Last edited by Jmac; 27-07-2009 at 09:27 PM.
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Stickied - Owners of the new MPS, If you dont mind post up the details of your deal.
    This will help new buyers know what they can get and how much to be used as a guide in their own purchases!

I did the same as Jmac, but said $40k or I walk. Caught them at end of month. They made the sale on 31st of the month $40k driveaway, sports/lux pack, tint and mats.

Have your finance/cash sorted before you go to the dealer. No paint protection, leather protection or any of that crap!! (that's where they bend you over). Never pay more than $300 for a full legal tint, mats are OK as they are a specific fit item, but check the spare parts price for them independently.

But keep in mind, the more non-standard you want it (ie. dealer fit options) they will just be padding the price, their gain...your loss.

If you want to play tough, send a fax to every Mazda dealer in Australia (or your state/city) with exactly what spec you want, what colour you want and price you'll pay. Let them know it's a sale if they have the best "as delivered" price, and let them know you're sending it to every dealer in the country/state /city etc. Send it mid month, then follow up the top three in the last week of the month to see how much better you can do. Have seen this technique work very well on a few occasions, workmate got a brand new Feb09 build SS ute for $32k driveaway using this method ($8k below advertised price)...

Anyone else gotten a good deal on an MPS - the dealer up here quoted $43,989 drive away, that's pretty much the "RRP" price for up here - $39,690 + standard rego + dealer delivery charges.

When I got mine (Pov Pak Feb 2007) for $39,950 driveaway + Full Protection Pak + Mats + Extended Warranty. Best other prices I got were $2800 - $4,800 more and I did my deal over the phone.

I just tell them what I'll sign for today and let them contact me if they want a sale.

Like TallDan says "Have your finance/cash sorted before you go to the dealer."

and Jmac "Rule of thumb - RRP can be had drive away plus a few options..." (thats exactly what I paid for)

So yes is a sale if they want one.
    Last edited by zippymps3; 12-08-2009 at 04:43 PM.
    I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal.........Groucho Marx

all this advice is gold, i have an 08 mps sports and am thinking of going with the new 1, ever since i had my car serviced by mazda at 20k it just hasnt been the same ive had it back to them 3 times in a month 1st time they found a broken engine mount.....this was a day after they gave me the car back after its 20k service, seems strange they didnt find it on the service itself.

now the car just is the not the same car the handling is much worse and it makes a weird clunking noise when you go up driveways, but still they tell me nothing is wrong.....i feel the only way to beat this is to get the new car lol

was thinking of going and looking this weekend but might wait like you guys said till the hype dies down, will be interesting to see what people end up getting them for.

Lovin' driving on the F3 every day!!!! NOT
    Blog Entries

It could be one of the MPS Media cars....slightly run in....

Quote Originally Posted by Team Green View Post
    It could be one of the MPS Media cars....slightly run in....
    Nothing wrong with picking up a ex-press fleet car. My original BG Astina SP (pop -up lights) was a press fleet car for Mazda and had been featured in reviews in Wheels and Motor. I was told by more than one dealer that it had more poke than any other example of that model they had driven...

It's not in Mazda's (or any other manufacturers) interest to have dud press fleet cars, so quite often you'll find they will be an excellent example of the model, or contain some invisible tweaks

Just don't buy one that's been bent.

what do you mean by a media car....it says its only done 12 km surely it must be close to new

It's a good price and I'd say it is their demo. They need to have one registered car in the yard and if they sell it they will register another one. It sets the price for the base model in SA. I don't know what rego etc. is in SA. You could squeeze them down a bit from that. Personally I would use that price to get an unregistered one that you knew no one had flogged.

Ps. Love the plates.
    Last edited by Maginty; 04-09-2009 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Whats RRP?

*edit*
    $43,290*

so.. you should be more than able to get it for that price or cheaper.

When mine was new
    Sports pack + alarm + tints + mats + reverse sensors + extended warranty
    I got it for $43k drive away.

Wait a month till the hype dies down and then bend a dealer over.

I basically walked in, drove it then said.
    "I want (the above) drive away for 43, its either going to be the quickest sale you have ever made or ill go somewhere else"
    5 minutes later after he sweated it out with the manager I signed - Me thinks I could have done better...

Hint for beginners, if they begin to talk finance numbers (eg $$ per week) bring them back to the total figure, negotiate that first then worry about finance.

Rule of thumb - RRP can be had drive away plus a few options...
    Dealer delivery should not be on the paperwork - if the car is sold to you or you buy it off the lot, it has to get there somehow (not your problem)..
    I have never paid dealer delivery (as a separate price).

Do your homework first and don't be conned, they may offer you a 'once off price' though if you went back the next week (or to another dealer) you will get it again.. You can always come back.

Most importantly make it clear to them that the figure you are discussing is drive away so nothing can be added later.

*now ive saved you all some case feel free to send me a case of beer haha
    that is great advice jmac. if there was a thumbs up option in this thread i would have used it
    HKS cat back, CES SRI, DENSO Iridium cold plugs,MZR Shifter Base Bushings... more to come! got the mod bug!!!

I found that i got hassled by larger dealers to sign on the dotted line rather than a smaller dealer.

Cute a long story short i had a supposed friend working at a large mazda dealer in brisbane, he told me "put a 500 dollar deposit down and i will try and get a base model for you for 41500" i rang a dealer in kingaroy who a work friends husband buys alot of mazdas from, over the phone no other questions "40300", ended up getting ipod connection, reverse sensors, mats and headlight covers for 42000 driveaway neat. It may not have been the best price i could have gotten, maybe someone could have gone 500 - 1000 lower, but because i got great service i went with it straight away.

My advice is don't cop any crap cause it will most likely be the second largest investment you make after a home. Do your homework, push for what you feel is reasonable, be clear in what you want and ALWAYS look around.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast