User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Price Watch - Gen 2 MPS

nice job and welcome

just seen a TR gen 2 for 26k

Well Col struck a deal with a new White MPS Company car with Tint 3 weeks ago now for $40,000 drive away, Damn if he didn't have to buy the Hilux Freezer at the same time we could have bought 2 White MPS's

4. Default

Hey Guys, I bought my BLACK 2010 MPS 3 , bout 15 months ago for $25K. it was only 8 months old!! must admit though i had a bit of help though, but it was a great deal.

Yea, thats what i am finding out now, the devaluation on these cars are pretty high, bought brand new for $42K, now worth 26/28K. Is this normal? I dont think i will be buying another brand new car, lose too much money.
    Still is an awesome car tho, love to drive it, but now needing to sell it for a 4x4.

The second hand market for MPS's is total shite (for sellers anyway, great for buyers tho!), their resale value sucks. If you want to buy a car for its resale value then definitely don't get an MPS.

Considering I paid $38k including onroads for my (povo pack) Gen II 2 years ago, and there are a lot more cheap second hand ones popping up on the market now than there were then, it should be really freaking easy to get a new one on the road for well under $40k. Some minor ball busting may be required of your salesman in order to get it but I wouldn't rule out getting a new model for less than what I paid.
    Last edited by Reedy; 04-01-2013 at 02:32 PM.

Default Re: Price Watch - Gen 2 MPS

The second hand market for MOST cars is pretty crappy at the moment. Although, the MPS has particularly bad resale it seems.

Whilst it's bad for sellers, it is 'generally' representative of the options that are available for new cars, especially in the ever growing hot hatch segment. A small silver lining, but a silver lining nonetheless!

Sent from Samsung Mobile

8. Default

I purchased my Black 2010 MPS 3 over 2.5 years ago for under $40k including:
    Brand new Mazda 3 Neo loan car for 2 months
    Brand new MPS straight off the boat (Luxury model)
    MPS Mats
    Dark tints
    Extra year factory warranty (4 years total)
    I just found 2 dealers who wanted a sale at the end of the month and let them better each others deal until they hit rock bottom...
    A 20% saving over RRP! Which a mate of mine had paid for one only a year previous!

I picked up my VR 2009 Gen II 3 MPS with 39000km for $27,000 from a Mazda dealer in August 2012.

This included a 4th year (unlimited km) of Mazda factory warranty and then 3 years of dealer warranty.

Was a ridiculous price, considering a brand new SP25 cost more to get on the road at the same time.

10. Default

Thought id put mine up now that ive had the car delivered. Paid ~$39k for brand new MPS all onroads and tint,paint protection & interior protection.

4 months ago we paid under $30k for a pristine Nov 2011 MPS with 14,000km on the clock.

Crazy depreciation.

2009 GenII
    67,000km
    $22,000

Who's crying.... This guy (me)
    http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...SSE-AD-2397182

Is it just the gen 2 or this is happening to all mps?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Dunno. You can get some good deals though
    When I saw that black one, almost thought...

Hmm I can have 2 black GenIIs in the driveway!!!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678