User Tag List

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Price Watch - Gen 2 MPS

Nah 09. Originally they were offering the demo for that price but yeah managed to get a new 09 in Red.

Picked up on Tues, love it.

2. Default

I went through a car buyer group in Brisbane and they got me the base MPS with tinting and floor mats for $36600 drive away. Unbelievable value for the car I think.

Quote Originally Posted by tgold View Post
    I went through a car buyer group in Brisbane and they got me the base MPS with tinting and floor mats for $36600 drive away. Unbelievable value for the car I think.
    good work mate.. there is a used one (3,000kms) on carsales for 36k so you got a bargain..

wife has advised my next car doesnt have to be a cx7 as she is happy to get it over a sp25 and im free to get a mps3
    2005 Mazda MPS6 Radiant Ebony Luxury-Pack

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by tgold View Post

I think that's the best deal anyone has got so far... do you know if other dealers went close to this price? or do you just know the cheapest deal?

So close to ordering mine ( currently overseas ) my local mazda is going to flip when I roll in and say I want what you got it for!

5. Default

+1 that's a great price

6. Default

I got mine for Ian Botcher motors at Ipswich, I went throught the car dealers attached to my credit union.

I don't know if you have to be a member but I have attached the email address for them so worth a try. When I went to the dealer at Southport he quoted me $42000 drive away for the same car.

Here is the email address. - carbuying@qpcu.org.au

Might be worth calling private fleet...
    Have had mixed results with them before.. sometimes can be REALLY cheap though as they have more buying power...

Car Broker & Car Buying Service, Buy a New Car, Personal Deals at Private Fleet Australia : Private Fleet :

There are deals to be done....I got a base gen2 09 (registered in Dec 09) demo with 4900kms on the clock, mats and tinting for $34k drive away.

Quote Originally Posted by limenko View Post
    There are deals to be done....I got a base gen2 09 (registered in Dec 09) demo with 4900kms on the clock, mats and tinting for $34k drive away.
    Gosh that is a good deal you got there

Just put down a deposit on a new base model with mats, cargo tray, ipod adapter + 1 or 2 other extras for $38000 square (Sydney).

It wasn't hard to secure that price. Could have gone lower but that $36600 is fairly miraculous.

^ Wow. thats a good price.
    Mine was 1500 more.
    i really think it hard to compete with the MPS at that price.
    The other options in that price range are:
    Golf (underpowered in comparison)
    WRX(cheap interior) although i would have to consider the new model coming if it was available back then.
    XR5(also underpowered in comparison)
    And the Golf & WRX wont sell for that cheap.
    Nice one.... You wont regret it. I know i havent!

This was for my GENII LUX last October. I bought mine on 'M' Day, basically a 4 year warranty.

I could have driven the car out the door for $41805.

Obviously I didn't...

Car Base SubTotal $41805

Mazda Accessories
    Cargo tray $145
    Floor mat set $130
    Front parking sensors $428
    iPod adaptor $499
    Mazda Bluetooth® audio transmitter - for iPod $125
    Reverse parking sensors $325
    Tow bar kit $475
    Paint/Tint/Plastic/Vinyl/Leather Protection $1100
    Subtotal: $3227

Off Site Accessories
    GP CARS - Hollandia 700 Sunroof $2200
    MONGOOSE - MAP80 Upgrade Security System $550
    DUCO Scratch - Clear Car Bra $1200

Subtotal: $

Grand Total
    $48982

Regrettable parts of the purchase are:
    -Paint Protection $1100. Complete waste IMO. Just been back to the dealer to get it reapplied.
    -iPod adapter $499. If you have an Iphone then don't get this.
    -Mazda Bluetooth® audio transmitter - for iPod - $110. Ditto, dont waste you money. Buy an Iphone or Ipod Touch and use Bluetooth.

Hope that helps. PM me for the dealer.

Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

It was easy to get on the front foot because Subaru and VW are both currently waving onroad costs for the end of fin year. The first figure the salesman put in front of me was 39500, I went away for a week and came back with my 38k offer which he ran by the boss and said yes without haggling any further.

And yea, the other contenders:
    GTI: Loved driving this car, but what ultimately lost me was the small size and overly busy interior and backwards european controls, also spare parts and servicing were a concern
    WRX: Cheap interior but an even cheaper gearbox (It reminded me of my dads old 89 subaru wagon that I learned to drive in), catastrophically ugly. Loved the feel in the steering tho.
    XR5: Dont know why, it just didn't appeal to me from the start. Probably the ford badge.
    MPS: Epic standard features list, great gearbox, best driving position/ergonomics of the bunch. Ultimately, Value.

Quote Originally Posted by cotn View Post
    ^ Wow. thats a good price.
    Mine was 1500 more.
    i really think it hard to compete with the MPS at that price.
    The other options in that price range are:
    Golf (underpowered in comparison)
    WRX(cheap interior) although i would have to consider the new model coming if it was available back then.
    XR5(also underpowered in comparison)
    And the Golf & WRX wont sell for that cheap.
    Nice one.... You wont regret it. I know i havent!

^^Shit! A non genuine sunroof.
    you have bigger balls than me. Its looks nice. I could just never do it unless it was from factory....

Quote Originally Posted by cotn View Post
    ^^Shit! A non genuine sunroof.
    you have bigger balls than me. Its looks nice. I could just never do it unless it was from factory....
    I was thinking that too. But when a colleague bought his new XR6 with "factory" sunroof he found out later that it was install by FPV somewhere in Brisbane. It's exactly the same model as mine. It also has a 10 year warranty, so no issues on quality.

I emailed MAzda HQ about structural rigidity. They said it's not a problem, only that a sunroof didn't align with the MPS's sporty nature...?

Love it, best mod so far!!

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    It was easy to get on the front foot because Subaru and VW are both currently waving onroad costs for the end of fin year. The first figure the salesman put in front of me was 39500, I went away for a week and came back with my 38k offer which he ran by the boss and said yes without haggling any further.

And yea, the other contenders:
    GTI: Loved driving this car, but what ultimately lost me was the small size and overly busy interior and backwards european controls, also spare parts and servicing were a concern
    WRX: Cheap interior but an even cheaper gearbox (It reminded me of my dads old 89 subaru wagon that I learned to drive in), catastrophically ugly. Loved the feel in the steering tho.
    XR5: Dont know why, it just didn't appeal to me from the start. Probably the ford badge.
    MPS: Epic standard features list, great gearbox, best driving position/ergonomics of the bunch. Ultimately, Value.
    Another colleauge at work is having his GTI serviced today. The DSG service will be $1200 O.M.F.G!!!
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

You guys are really getting great prices on brand new or new near gen II MPS'...

Hey guys
    My first post...

Picked up a Demo Black Gen 2 2009 MPS Luxury with 4,500km for $36,395 from Australian Motors in SA.

Should have been $36K even but I forgot about the tint!
    Got them to replace a rim that had a small scratch and included mats.
    Also go an extra year warranty thrown in.

I reckon I sat there for a legitimate 15 minutes while the salesman asked the 'boss' if he could do the deal. Original asking price was $36,990 Drive Away, without extra warranty, mats or tint.

I originally offered $35,500 and was willing to walk away, but my better half got sucked in and fell in love with the thing.. plus she just didn't want me buying the Evo10 i wanted!

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

P.S. can someone tell me what the iPod adaptor/connector is? Is it hardwired into the back of the stereo? and then what 'mode' do you set the stereo to - can it then be controlled by the steering wheel controls?
    My iPhone BT connection is a bit crap - would a hard wired adapter fix this? And lastly, when I hit the 'info' button on the steering wheel and navigate to the BT Audio page - nothing is displayed. Is this just Apple's BShite?!

So many questions...

18. Default

Hi guys,

I was just reading through this post and thought I 'd join so i could add my story.

I'll be a proud Mazda 3 Luxury MPS (Velocity Red) owner from Monday (5/7/10). I waited to the last weekend of the financial year to do my haggling. I initally went to the dealer with plans on buying their 2009 Luxury demo advertised for $38,490 drive away. Before going I rang another dealer who was advertising a black demo luxury for $37,990 drive away, however it had already been sold so they offered me a new 2009 for the same price. Being in this position made my negotiating that much easier - I ended up with a new 2010 Luxury MPS for $37,500 drive away! I have to say I have been very loyal to this dealer in the past and I do appreciate them looking after me.

Dang the kinds of prices you can get an MPS for right now makes me wonder why anybody would buy any other hot hatch. $37.5 for a luxury is basically stealing.

wow! Thats cheap!!!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast