User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Price Watch - Gen 2 MPS

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Dealer delivery should not be on the paperwork - if the car is sold to you or you buy it off the lot, it has to get there somehow (not your problem)..
    I have never paid dealer delivery (as a separate price).
    When I have been quoted prices for all the ones I have looked at it has included dealer delivery and when I enquire as to why I have to pay it when it is all ready sitting there and it's not my problem that is had to get there somehow they just go that's something you have to pay for. Now considering it is $1680 for the delivery up here I know it is quite a rip.

That being said I was offered a lux cosmic blue demo model for $44500. With that rip delivery. Still too much compared to others out there. Canberra sucks for cars.
    Now with less zoom zoom

Quote Originally Posted by rfzd View Post
    When I have been quoted prices for all the ones I have looked at it has included dealer delivery and when I enquire as to why I have to pay it when it is all ready sitting there and it's not my problem that is had to get there somehow they just go that's something you have to pay for. Now considering it is $1680 for the delivery up here I know it is quite a rip.

That being said I was offered a lux cosmic blue demo model for $44500. With that rip delivery. Still too much compared to others out there. Canberra sucks for cars.

When I bought my MPS delivery was absorbed by the dealer however still appeared on the paperwork.
    IE. the reciept said dealer charges $1695 then less discount $1695 (plus the rest I got discounted which was around 5k)

*edit* I might just add that this is not really something that they would negotiate out unless you are there ready to sign..

If they are not willing to throw this in for free figure out how much you think you should or want to be paying and negotiate to that price, let them figure out where they should be cutting discounts etc to get the price to where you are happy to buy as the end drive away price is really all that matters!!

Hopefully we will have some more Gen2 buyers share their dealings with us so future buyers will have some bargaining power..
    I wouldnt reccomend saying "person A got it for this much from here", rather "I am keen on buying and if you can get me x model with these options for $xx,xxx then I will sign right now and make this the quickest sale of your life"
    Last edited by Jmac; 11-10-2009 at 09:31 PM.
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Mazda have reduced the prices of all their vehicles across the range... which makes the base model MPS about 1 - 1.5k cheaper.

Prices are available on the website now.

This is the reasoning:

http://www.caradvice.com.au/44071/ma...y-cut-savings/

For me - driveaway price for a base model MPS is $42,009, when it used to be about $43,xxx.

I for one am not happy about the price drop. Just picked up my car on 30 Sept and now my resale value is in the by another $1,300 and all in a week.

Thanks mazda!!!!

Any other bargains to be had out there?
    New owners, if you scored a deal share with the rest of us

Talking 2010 Black 3 MPS

Hi All
    My '06 3 MPS i traded in on a New 2010 3 MPS Lux. I got $26500 trade in and the new one for $47500 drive away with f&r parking sensors, mats, ipod adaptor, headlight protectors, boot tray and cargo flap. Not bad!!!!
    Jason Mazda Perth.

i just test drove 1 of the new mps's and im probably going to get 1

im thinking of shotting around the 42k mark with an alarm and mats, am i being realisitc do you think

also people are saying they are buying 2010 models, when i spoke to the guy today he said they are all plated 2009 models until about march/april when the new 2010 model will be released....is this right does anyone know
    Last edited by nath_2106; 09-11-2009 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nath_2106 View Post
    also people are saying they are buying 2010 models, when i spoke to the guy today he said they are all plated 2009 models until about march/april when the new 2010 model will be released....is this right does anyone know
    2009 my10 mps3
    2015 Audi S3 | MTX | Sedan | Sepang Blue | Sunroof | SPP1 | Assistance Package | BW - Week 17 | Delivery June/July '15... Hopefully...

Help support OzMPSClub - Become a VIP Member today! - Click here for more details...

2010 spec but 2009 plated

i think my dream end here anyway they quoted me a trade in on mine 04/08 make sports pack with all the full pack things with rust protection and upholstery protection done 27k km's in good condition for only $26k for that id rather keep it

dont worry about the trade price, worry about the changeover price.

^^^^^^ Spot on changeover price, look at where you want to be and tell them. That's all i do..... or walk...

yeah im still talking to the guy but he has just about agreed to 42k for the new model, so i think he would go even lower.....i think my best bet is trying to sell it private for about 35k and then getting back to him.....any thoughts?

It's tuff out there at the moment
    I paid $47,500 for mine with tint,auto lights,mats,cargo tray, weather sheilds, ECU and exhaust straight from the dealer,blue tooth, cables the only thing i didn't get was parking sensors and sunroof.... I wouldn't even consider $35,000.. i got mine on the 1st of August 2008. Hence I'm keeping it...

17k change over price as i said to the guy good 1 id rather be a buyer than a seller too which he agreed

I got a price of $39500 drive away with mats and tint for base model, and thats with no signing on the day. going back this weekend.
    Also nath_2106, The year goes off the build date of the car. Im going to wait for a january built car so it really is the 2010. will be here end of feb. I dont really want to buy a 2009 build car that i most likely wont pick up till jan anyway.

I bought mine for 46k at then end of september Inc all on roads, paint, interior and rust protection, floor mats, tint, cargo liner and weathshields (I didn't even end up putting them on because my husband used to work at egr and got black tinted ones for free), extended warranty until 2016 and 2 baseball caps. That's the pric before considering my traded in car

Quote Originally Posted by All Smiles View Post
    I bought mine for 46k at then end of september Inc all on roads, paint, interior and rust protection, floor mats, tint, cargo liner and weathshields (I didn't even end up putting them on because my husband used to work at egr and got black tinted ones for free), extended warranty until 2016 and 2 baseball caps. That's the pric before considering my traded in car
    good work! lots of extras and welcome to the site
    Was that for the lux model or the std?
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

My understanding with 'media cars', etc is that they actually get mulched and generally arent for sale!

20. Default

Got the Luxury Model a few weeks ago.. the way the dealers carried it sounded like i got a good price :P
    so here are the details for reference:

Vehicle Price: 39,354.55
    Floor Mats: 142.00
    Window Tint: 180.00
    Rego: 278.00
    CTP: 408.00
    Plates: 80.00
    Dealer Delivery: 1677.27
    Stamp Duty: 1188.00

Discount: -5402.91

GST: 3595.09

Total Purchase Amount: 41,500.00