User Tag List

Thread: CPE rear engine mount ver 1 or 2????

Default CPE rear engine mount ver 1 or 2????

just a quick question guys how can u tell whether or not the cpe rear engine mount is the first version they brought out or the 2nd version???

and what did they do to the second version to make it better??

cheers
    chris

First version has a blue EPDM rubber (approx 50 duro), second version is black rubber and available in 60 or 75 duro, the first batch was failing due to a faulty batch of rubber.

You want the 75 duro.

any difference over the 60 and 75 duro?

Ive got the 75, and I believe most others running these mounts do as well, a few vibes when new but they soon settle to minimal levels one the mount breaks in over a few hundred k's, these days I only notice a small amount of extra vibration with the AC on.

60 will be a bit softer, and probably be completely vibe free, but will also allow for a bit more movement when shifting etc.

A question for you 3 guys - has anyone who's gone aftermarket engine mount decided to go back to stock after the mount had settled? Reason I ask is myself and a few other 6 guys went aftermarket mount, felt the vibrations were too much, went back to stock and didn't notice any difference apart the lack of vibrations. In the end after the mount settled, the pros (better WOT shift, less engine movement) just disappeared, leaving me with only cons (tons of vibration and rattle). Now I know with you guys it helps abit with your wheel hop, and this may just be a 6 thing, but is there anyone who has gone back to stock and was glad?
    Nuliaj: Hatches are only really half a car anyway.
    shinslinger66: And you forgot to add that they are also a girls car!

6. Default

Difference between Ver 1 and 2, definately the inserts, and inserts colour. The V1 was bright blue, V2 was a green-blue dull colour (some say black, but the V2 i ordered and rec'd direct from CPE in the USA - and subsequently never installed as the SU mount settle down while I waited the 4 months for the revised one (lol) was the dull green/blue colour - 60 Duro).

I had the Street Unit with 50 Duro inserts. It took approx 2500km for it to settle down back to stock - in terms of vibes. When I sold the MPS last month, you could not tell there was a mount upgrade (vibes wise), and yet wheel hop was neg.

Just a note also, those with CPE V1 mounts, I'd be checking yours out asap, just to make sure the rubber hasnt split.
    Last edited by Wardski; 26-07-2009 at 07:42 PM.

how can you tell whether or not the mount is the 60 or the 75 one?

8. Default

Send an email to CPE. They'll tell ya