User Tag List

Thread: Hi from a new MPS 6 owner

Default Hi from a new MPS 6 owner

Hi all

Recently added an MPS 6 to the Mazda stable at home. 2nd owner of a really clean 07 plated car that I picked up last week.

First couple of mods have been disconnecting that annoying "key in ignition" reminder (soon as I got home) - and installing a 2nd hand set of MPS leather seats (much of today - made sure they got a thorough clean and conditioning before they went in). Anyone need a set of standard cloth seats in absolutely mint condition?

No doubt I'll be piping up every now & then with a query or comment.

Cheers...

welcome and congrats on purchase !!

sounds as though you wont stay stock for long.. HA already into it ! good to see !!

Hi and IMMX5

Great to see another 6MPS owner here and I see you have a very nice colour too!

Cheers
    Chris

Blog Entries

Default Re: Hi from a new MPS 6 owner

Welcome! You should post a How To thread on disconnecting the key reminder. I need to do it to both my car andthe RX8

OK - thats a real quick one...

Remove the steering column cover - comes in an upper and lower cover secured by 3 self tappers - located on the lower cover. To separate the covers inser a finger nail into the split line and it e slip connectors will pop out.

Once the cover is off simply unplug the 2 wire connector, stash it just above the connector socket and reassemble the covers.

The recent photo's are of the MPS 6 - the pic from 2007 is from my MX-5 (Similar 2-wire multiplug - only different colours)
    (probably not the best place to do this - Will look at moving it to an appropriate place soon).

Btw - I Have heard (for the MX-5 anyway) one needs to reconnect this if you have to reprogramme the door remotes (an urban legend perhaps???)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2009-07-26_200253.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	958   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cover.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	959   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2007-06-24_223734.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	960  
    Last edited by IMMX5; 26-07-2009 at 08:27 PM.

7. Default

Welcome your garage is exactly the same as ours, a black MPS6 and a silver NC MX5 ... both bring a huge grin everytime you drive them.
    Last edited by blackbetty; 26-07-2009 at 08:31 PM.

aboard

Hi Blackbetty

I wouldn't say they are "exactly" the same...mine go faster 'cos they're RED!

But I do agree - they are great fun (thats why I got 'em!)

Now which one do I take to work tomorrow????

Quote Originally Posted by IMMX5 View Post
    Hi Blackbetty

have to agree with you here IMMX5, red does go faster
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

Aurora Blue is faster

Happy Motoring
    duglet

12. Default

Hi Blackbetty

But I do agree - they are great fun (thats why I got 'em!)

Now which one do I take to work tomorrow????

Oh Sorry I should have said similar but not as classy

Good to have you on board hopefully we can ctah up with you on some sydney cruises ... oh btw we are running an MPS6 snow run on 6th august if your keen, well not exactly to the snow Cooma/Tumut etc loop. Check out Cruise section be great to have you join us in your 'sexy' red beast

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 AM ----------

My bad ... the snow run is 12th august ... would be great if you could come
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

Blog Entries

Remove the steering column cover - comes in an upper and lower cover secured by 3 self tappers - located on the lower cover. To separate the covers inser a finger nail into the split line and it e slip connectors will pop out.

Once the cover is off simply unplug the 2 wire connector, stash it just above the connector socket and reassemble the covers.

The recent photo's are of the MPS 6 - the pic from 2007 is from my MX-5 (Similar 2-wire multiplug - only different colours)
    (probably not the best place to do this - Will look at moving it to an appropriate place soon).

Btw - I Have heard (for the MX-5 anyway) one needs to reconnect this if you have to reprogramme the door remotes (an urban legend perhaps???)
    Wow, that sounds too easy. I was sure you had to cut wires...and I wasn't too keen on that.

Will have to try it out.

Thanks for that!
    2014 Mk7 Golf R | DSG | Reflex Silver | Leather | Drive Assist | Bi-Xenon Headlights
    1981 Lincoln Town Car | Auto | 80s Cream | 90s brown interior | 5.0L V8 | Currently no working headlights

Hi there

Welcome to OZMPSClub.com!

That post is a great idea! I have split it off so that other users can benefit Click here -> http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/how-t...nder-beep.html

Enjoy.

Cheers!
    Justin
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

15. Default

Welcone to the club

The disable key reminder was one of the first things I altered when I got the car. Got very annoying very quickly. But would you believe when I went in for my first service the techs hooked it back up again!

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post
    ... oh btw we are running an MPS6 snow run on 6th august if your keen, well not exactly to the snow Cooma/Tumut etc loop. Check out Cruise section be great to have you join us in your 'sexy' red beast

My bad ... the snow run is 12th august ... would be great if you could come
    That sounds pretty interesting - will see what can be done for a few days off... Where does the run start from? and at what time?

(Now lets see - Winter in the 6, summer in the 5 - could work for me!)

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post

That post is a great idea! I have split it off so that other users can benefit Click here -> http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/how-t...nder-beep.html
    Thanks Justin - saved me the trouble...

...and showed me a new place to explore!

Cheers
    Ian

17. Default

Ian, heres a link to the snow run, Mal has mapped out a course and a start time from Yass, be fantastic if you could join us

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/club-...html#post42754

also be great to have u along for the Merimbula trip in Sep ... we will be taking botht the MX5 and MPS6 for that one

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/club-...september.html
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face