User Tag List

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: So I went and checked out the new 3 MPS today...

Mazda Performance Series

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Quote Originally Posted by Team Green View Post
    Yes I have read the posts and I still maintain that if a face lifted 2 came out that would be in my eyes would be an upgrade...

Nothing against those that have them but I have driven a few Subies (no Evos) and find them boring and extremely hard on the eye...well the new ones anyway.

it might well be the consensus here but Mazda will gain more sales from new owners then previous owners stepping into a new one....

we will agree to disagree about the new model then

disagree???

Dan basically said current owners wouldnt see it as an upgrade and wont buy the new model....

Then you said more sales will come from new buyers.....

How is that different???....

Its an upgrade from SP23 and definately a Maz2..but from the original model definately not an upgrade...facelift yeah....upgrade no

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    Thats what I thought too since I owned a 121(first ever car), a SP23HB and now the MPS but I just cant see anyway around me having a car with the current looks, so is keeping the MPS for me and once its time I will hopefully buy a 2nd car.
    I bought my first Mazda in 1979 and have only had them to present its like being a loyal footy fan you stick by your side thru thick ot thin..
    In my family we have a 92 121 Bubble and a 99 121 Metro.....plus 6 other Mazdas

Quote Originally Posted by EVILMPS View Post
    Well, I have finally laid eyes on my first 2010 MPS in Velocity Red at my local dealer yesterday, when I was picking up my baby from geting new rotors and side strips done under warranty.

I have to say, first impressions were "WOW" as I'm a sucker for VR.
    Having said that, I'm still not convinced I would trade up from my 07 MPS just for the sake of having a VR one...think I would rather have mine re-sprayed in VR - now THAT'S a good idea!!!!
    I think that the VR looks great and thats why I'm getting one next year Feb/Mar

Quote Originally Posted by Wardski View Post
    This explains a lot......

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

I looked into importing one of these from the UK. Getting it here via a friend of mine who deals in imports on the southside, compliancing and roadworthy costs was going to set me back close to $75k. Importing from Hong Kong around $73k.

I'll have a look at the FPV version in 2011/2012 (if it ever happens) but importing the current RS a lot of pesos for what it is. When I was in Hong Kong a few months back I actually sat in one (was not allowed to drive it tho ). IMO even the 2010 MPS interior is far better than the RS, but if you want the drivetrain (yes, the one the MPS should have had), handling and that bl00dy beautiful stock engine note, its definately a winner

In any regard, I've put in place a 3-4 year saving plan to ultimately buy a brand new GT-R next time round. Now thats something to aspire to.

Being Loyal is great (and I've bought 3 mazdas in my lifetime), until it stabs you in the back....

Never had an issue neither has the family...

Mazda all the way till I need a
    from Orange NSW

Quote Originally Posted by MISSMPS View Post
    disagree???

Dan basically said current owners wouldnt see it as an upgrade and wont buy the new model....

Then you said more sales will come from new buyers.....

How is that different???....

Its an upgrade from SP23 and definately a Maz2..but from the original model definately not an upgrade...facelift yeah....upgrade no
    New buyers as new to Mazda....thats how its different.....

Thats your opinion cookie but not mine so like I said we will agree to disagree
    from Orange NSW

Im not disagreeing with anyone.........I love mazda just as much as you....im very attached to my car and i wanna make sure if i upgrade to anything else its gunna be worth my while...and by the time you order yours there may be some changes in the new model that'll appeal to me and we may be ordering at the same time

Missy it wasn't meant to sound like an attack so sorry if it did....

OK the new model mighten have had a power upgrade but with all the changes on it and listening to the Mazda techno staff I could see it as an upgrade....

thou after today driving around in the 2 I will miss the grin fact as its a fun car to drive...I wish Mazda would do a MSP2...

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_3MPS View Post
    Except there's no real Mazda upgrade path once you're in the 3 MPS...in my opinion anyway.
    Unless the new RX-7 appears and it's a balltearing, ripsnorting, V8 eating beast of a machine I'd upgrade to one of those and still keep my 6 to cart the kids around in
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

I bought my first Mazda in 1979 and have only had them to present its like being a loyal footy fan you stick by your side thru thick ot thin..
    Thick and thin?

Sounds like you admiting Mazda went from good to bad with the new MPS?

Anyways..., thick or thin as you say sounds like a poor reason to me as I buy a car that I fancy to have... most of the time regardless of what brand it is, if it happens that I have owned more mazdas than anything else in my short car history is only because they were cars that did it for me....they were appealing. I did my bit by buying the car while mazda was doing their bit by making good and nice cars.

No way Im going to stick with Mazda if they start making cars that are of no appeal to me.
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

Quote Originally Posted by shakespeare View Post
    Unless the new RX-7 appears and it's a balltearing, ripsnorting, V8 eating beast of a machine I'd upgrade to one of those and still keep my 6 to cart the kids around in
    Oh yeah! Now that would be good.

When I got my original Astina SP many moons ago the dealer had a RX-7 SP there (the ones that Mazda Motorsport did for the Bathurst 12hr race). I was shattered when I sat inside and realised I didn't fit Killed any dreams of owning one.

---------------

Great to see the dicussion this topic has generated. I'll go drive a new 3 MPS this weekend and add my thoughts to those already shared.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by shakespeare View Post
    Same Same Shakes looks like our garage might head ina similar direction to you ... hell we would even pre-order the new RX7 we would be so excited about it

Rx7 and MPS6 sitting side by side mmmm ... pure sex
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

went and checked out new mps. and its ok. i like the side view and the rear but still dont like the front. its very big and round.. the old mps to me screamed muscle car , racer type look. the new one has gone like the wrx more upper classish. i liked the interior controls and gauges. yet it feels like they gone down on the leather interior. i like the keyless start and keyless entry stuff and the 1.5million buttons on sterring wheel yet for some reason i still not a huge fan. maybe its just the front of the car. ill have to test drive one to see how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by remotegt View Post
    went and checked out new mps. and its ok. i like the side view and the rear but still dont like the front. its very big and round.. the old mps to me screamed muscle car , racer type look. the new one has gone like the wrx more upper classish. i liked the interior controls and gauges. yet it feels like they gone down on the leather interior. i like the keyless start and keyless entry stuff and the 1.5million buttons on sterring wheel yet for some reason i still not a huge fan. maybe its just the front of the car. ill have to test drive one to see how it feels
    Yeah i sat in one today after dropping mine off....I pointed out all my dislikes on the outside and then sat inside and was really quite excited about all the buttons...but i think being me and old school MPS minded i'd take awhile to get my head around them...electric seats sat navuser friendly gearstick...didnt drive it though...the boss was away and apparently they've been told they are not to be test driven till next week...even by VIPS like myself

It soooo needs to be a sedan...SP25 sedan looks hot i reckon....i never thought id say that but thats my thoughts at the moment.....

I've got a TR Maz2 maxx as a loaner....love it

all i can say is bring on the FORD RS
    Last edited by plop; 01-08-2009 at 04:01 PM.

Default Re: So I went and checked out the new 3 MPS today...

Quote Originally Posted by plop
    all i can say is bring the FORD RS
    Hell yeah, I would defo buy one of those if they came over!!

+2...

+meeee

to the granny kart sedan.....

and Missy whats that a compliment towards a 2...

to the granny kart sedan.....

and Missy whats that a compliment towards a 2...

Whachooo on about TG

I'm not a boot guy as I rather a hatch but thats my personal choice.....

Quote Originally Posted by plop View Post
    all i can say is bring on the FORD RS

*drools*

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast