User Tag List

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: So I went and checked out the new 3 MPS today...

just cant see u in one mate and silver is the old fart colour....never said anything about being cool....the here tonite is good...

Quote Originally Posted by Team Green View Post
    just cant see u in one mate and silver is the old fart colour....never said anything about being cool....the here tonite is good...
    Silver is a classy colour

3. Default

hey guys, i just checked out and test drive the 2010 MPS this morning.... as all the comments have been made about the car i agree with that it is much of a muchness.... looks sweet and sexy but i think its missing it balls, so to speak.
    As im currently driving 06 MPS, in grunty and take off i think our MPS's are much better in that sense.
    Having said that the new MPS deserves the praise for it new features.... my best was the keyless entry and ignition!!!! FTW

We've had a blue one in our foyer on promo in the Boeing building at my work here in Brisbane for the past coupla days. Couple of gorgeous babes along with it. I like the new indoor features etc (keyless entry) but overall don't like the new front-end style. Haven't driven it yet but I hear the gearshift is much smoother. Is that true from those who have had the drive?

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by clarry View Post
    We've had a blue one in our foyer on promo in the Boeing building at my work here in Brisbane for the past coupla days. Couple of gorgeous babes along with it. I like the new indoor features etc (keyless entry) but overall don't like the new front-end style. Haven't driven it yet but I hear the gearshift is much smoother. Is that true from those who have had the drive?
    gear shifting is much smoother.... gearbox is more refined, LSD is awsome no breaking traction at all, power is kept on the ground at all time. well this is my experience today..... even with the DSC off it didnt wheel spin at all. (maybe i wasnt giving it a hard time as to what i do with my MPS)

Quote Originally Posted by KYM-11M View Post
    . even with the DSC off it didnt wheel spin at all. (maybe i wasnt giving it a hard time as to what i do with my MPS)
    I wouldnt buy it if the wheels arent spinning .... dosent that mean its just even more limited in 1st ans 2nd???
    マツダスピード

7. Default

Are there any 400m times floating around yet for the new MPS?

source from Mazda Australia

Mazda3 MPS Overview

Are you the type of person who experiences 0 to 100 km/h in 6.1 seconds and can't wipe the smile off your face? Then you'll probably get New Generation Mazda3 MPS. The super sporty, aggressive body that makes it look ready to pounce doesn't appeal to the faint hearted. The performance it delivers is for those who can handle it.

If you're a true MPS driver, you'd know that the new bonnet scoop is only a hint at the power underneath. And that intercooling, direct injection and turbocharging is a potent combination, capable of pumping out 190kW and a massive 380Nm of torque from a 2.3 litre four-cylinder engine. You'd also get the fact that scorching power is nothing without the precision of torque-sensing limited slip differential and sports suspension.

If you get the grunt, you'd also appreciate that it comes with kind of premium, advanced features you don't see everyday. Like satellite navigation, Bluetooth connectivity and Smart keyless entry with push-button start. The refined, driver-centric, interior makes this rare beast a beauty equipped for serious driving. If that's where you'd rather be sitting right now, then you definitely get it.

New Generation Mazda3 MPS. Not everyone gets it.
    from Orange NSW

Quote Originally Posted by LYNCHY View Post
    I wouldnt buy it if the wheels arent spinning .... dosent that mean its just even more limited in 1st ans 2nd???
    exactly!

The 0 to 100 times of the new MPS are just the same as the original one looks like Mazda traded power for more traction which would explain why most people with MPS experience noticed the lack of balls and grunt of the new MPS.
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

10. Default

So in other words, no difference?

Nope!

In other words, different with the same result.

12. Default

I thought they were going to work on gearing etc which was going to improve getting to the end of the quarter faster, I guess with the same engine producing the same kw, what can you expect....

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    exactly!

The 0 to 100 times of the new MPS are just the same as the original one looks like Mazda traded power for more traction which would explain why most people with MPS experience noticed the lack of balls and grunt of the new MPS.
    wheels spinnging = no traction = bad

it still has the same power (190kw), it just has the ability to put the power to the ground better without losing traction....

Isn't 3rd gear where it's at?
    2015 Audi S3 | MTX | Sedan | Sepang Blue | Sunroof | SPP1 | Assistance Package | BW - Week 17 | Delivery June/July '15... Hopefully...

Help support OzMPSClub - Become a VIP Member today! - Click here for more details...

and actually the old one did it in 6.4....I could be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by DanSP23Bris View Post
    wheels spinnging = no traction = bad

it still has the same power (190kw), it just has the ability to put the power to the ground better without losing traction....

Both original and new versions of the MPS are quoted the very same 0-100 times (6.1s), if the new MPS has cured the uncurable(loss of traction) why isnt achieving better 6.1s times?, maybe because it has now less power to handle is those first gears?..., I mean less power as in even more limited than the original MPS in those first 2 gears not less power as a whole.

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Team Green View Post
    and actually the old one did it in 6.4....I could be wrong
    Nope, they are both quoted the same 0-100 time.
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

Quote Originally Posted by DanSP23Bris View Post
    traction = bad

Yes yes it is and aslong as the didnt mess with that it will still be a beast!

But they must of deffinatley mucked with 1 and 2 if the tyres arent spinning with DSC off

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

Oh and the same time 6.1 for 1 - 100km/h would because you have one less gear change as you can now reach 100 in 2nd due to the new ratio's
    マツダスピード

Yes yes it is and aslong as the didnt mess with that it will still be a beast!

But they must of deffinatley mucked with 1 and 2 if the tyres arent spinning with DSC off

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

Oh and the same time 6.1 for 1 - 100km/h would because you have one less gear change as you can now reach 100 in 2nd due to the new ratio's
    why would you have them to spin? sit at the lights burning rubber? i thought traction was the main aim...instead of spinning and going no where
    2015 Audi S3 | MTX | Sedan | Sepang Blue | Sunroof | SPP1 | Assistance Package | BW - Week 17 | Delivery June/July '15... Hopefully...

Help support OzMPSClub - Become a VIP Member today! - Click here for more details...

But thats the whole point Dan, if the new MPS isnt losing traction as the original MPS does, why isnt the new pulling better 0-100 times?

True spinning when you dont want it to is bad! But I would rather have more power avalible and learn toi drive it better intead of just mashing the pedal

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    But thats the whole point Dan, if the new MPS isnt losing traction as the original MPS does, why isnt the new pulling better 0-100 times?
    Because its even more limited in 1st and 2nd Nuff said!
    マツダスピード

Because its even more limited in 1st and 2nd Nuff said!
    Thats the only explanation that I can think of, however there isnt anything official from Mazda about even futher power limitation in 1st and 2nd in the new MPS which is why this is so open for discussion

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast