User Tag List

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: So I went and checked out the new 3 MPS today...

Quote Originally Posted by MISSMPS View Post
    Aurora Blue Suede FTW
    fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_3MPS View Post
    fixed
    my bad

.....now that u have had ur fun at my expense lets get

Maybe Per-suede Mazda into a whole new way of painting their cars.

Saw my first MPS on the road today at Zillmere Rd...it was an aluminium silver....it looked ....it shouldnt look this bad, even the other new 3s look alright while on the move, I blame the colour!

Did it look sad

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Ahh I laughed! That's funny

looks like Doc Hudson, now if it was blue

and Wow, only just registered TallDan's name change, gotta pay attention to these things Don't change your avatar, Ron Burgundy's cool!

Going back to topic, I'm getting my beast serviced on Wed, so will try and squeeze a test drive whilst I am there!
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

Quote Originally Posted by duglet View Post

Did it look sad

Happy Motoring
    duglet

It looks like a SAD Ralliart now...

Quote Originally Posted by shakespeare View Post
    and Wow, only just registered TallDan's name change, gotta pay attention to these things Don't change your avatar, Ron Burgundy's cool!!
    There was too much room for confusion between me and other Dan who's on the mod crew...and the Qld crew know me as "tall Dan" anyway. So it made sense...

I'll still haven't seen a new 3 MPS on the road in my day-to-day driving, I wonder how long before I spot one?

Quote Originally Posted by TallDan View Post
    There was too much room for confusion between me and other Dan who's on the mod crew...and the Qld crew know me as "tall Dan" anyway. So it made sense...

I'll still haven't seen a new 3 MPS on the road in my day-to-day driving, I wonder how long before I spot one?
    Drive past Coorparoo next Satdy 22nd
    2015 Audi S3 | MTX | Sedan | Sepang Blue | Sunroof | SPP1 | Assistance Package | BW - Week 17 | Delivery June/July '15... Hopefully...

Help support OzMPSClub - Become a VIP Member today! - Click here for more details...

We dont want to go out of our way to see one Danski

Quote Originally Posted by DanSP23Bris View Post
    Drive past Coorparoo next Satdy 22nd
    I'll be there!!!!
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

I had the test drive yesterday and thought I would share my experiences.

Upon approaching the Velocity Red MPS 3 in the showroom my first impressions were the size of the gap between the wheel and the guards, it was quite high and some lowering would be needed to increase the agressive stance this little beast portrays!

However upon closer inspection I quite liked the evolution from the first gen model, it seemed to look tougher while still being friendly and quite stylish as compared to some of the bland looking cars coming out today!

Sitting inside and everything seemed to be placed well, though felt that quality of materials is a step down from my 6 MPS, particularly dash surfaces and the use of hard plastics, though being one who likes gadgets, I had fun with all the buttons and gizmos.

From here I stepped outside to the demonstrator, which was slowly rumbling towards me with the salesman at the wheel and I was impressed with the stock exhaust note! We proceeded to drive away, with yours truly in the passenger seat and it was a ride alternating between blissful hippy like cruising (as there is a police academy near the dealer) to one of hell bent stomach wrenching fury! We proceeded to a stop and I climbed out and admired the beast and thinking to myself, "can I live with this...?"

Well, we shall see... I slid into the driver's seat and pushed the "Go" button and she burbled into life, slipped her into first and off we went. I moved off slowly to familiarise myself with the feel and being careful to avoid the "boys in blue" who were on their way home, once clear I relaxed the limiters on the right foot and hit the Loud pedal hard and was a little surprised at the smoothness of the little beast! Sure she felt quick and the gearshift felt slick but something was amiss! So I asked if I could push her a little quicker and got the green light from the man holding the key!

The next several corners showed me how much speed can be carried through the bends before she become unsettled and how much fun this could be but all the while I'm thinking that for all her shiny new looks, buttons and beeps, there's not too much more on offer from my 6 and she felt a little cheap!

So enough of the poetry.
    Overall 8.5/10.
    Pros: Looks, bang for your buck (performance/handling/grip), standard features.
    Cons: Step down from the 6, similar dollars buys you a WRX, didn't feel like a massive leap forward!

Apologies for the long windedness
    Last edited by shakespeare; 13-08-2009 at 06:13 PM. Reason: spelling
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

16. Default

Great review Shakes maybe one day I might go and test drive one

Quote Originally Posted by shakespeare View Post
    I had the test drive yesterday and thought I would share my experiences.

Upon approaching the Velocity Red MPS 3 in the showroom my first impressions were the size of the gap between the wheel and the guards, it was quite high and some lowering would be needed to increase the agressive stance this little beast portrays!

However upon closer inspection I quite liked the evolution from the first gen model, it seemed to look tougher while still being friendly and quite stylish as compared to some of the bland looking cars coming out today!

Sitting inside and everything seemed to be placed well, though felt that quality of materials is a step down from my 6 MPS, particularly dash surfaces and the use of hard plastics, though being one who likes gadgets, I had fun with all the buttons and gizmos.

From here I stepped outside to the demonstrator, which was slowly rumbling towards me with the salesman at the wheel and I was impressed with the stock exhaust note! We proceeded to drive away, with yours truly in the passenger seat and it was a ride alternating between blissful hippy like cruising (as there is a police academy near the dealer) to one of hell bent stomach wrenching fury! We proceeded to a stop and I climbed out and admired the beast and thinking to myself, "can I live with this...?"

Well, we shall see... I slid into the driver's seat and pushed the "Go" button and she burbled into life, slipped her into first and off we went. I moved off slowly to familiarise myself with the feel and being careful to avoid the "boys in blue" who were on their way home, once clear I relaxed the limiters on the right foot and hit the Loud pedal hard and was a little surprised at the smoothness of the little beast! Sure she felt quick and the gearshift felt slick but something was amiss! So I asked if I could push her a little quicker and got the green light from the man holding the key!

The next several corners showed me how much speed can be carried through the bends before she become unsettled and how much fun this could be but all the while I'm thinking that for all her shiny new looks, buttons and beeps, there's not too much more on offer from my 6 and she felt a little cheap!

So enough of the poetry.
    Overall 8.5/10.
    Pros: Looks, bang for your buck (performance/handling/grip), standard features.
    Cons: Step down from the 6, similar dollars buys you a WRX, didn't feel like a massive leap forward!

Apologies for the long windedness
    I can just see it now in the next Wheels magazine written by Shakespear. Great work

18. Default

Thanks ! same,same,but different.. lol

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314