User Tag List

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: So I went and checked out the new 3 MPS today...

1. Default

Interesting.. Pitty you're in Sydney Zack mate, if you're ever up in Brissy land, lemme know, you're always welcome.

Will be nice to see some pics in members rides when you get it!

So the upgrade path for us is something like 3 MPS to WRX STi or Evo X...I can handle that

... is the STI priced around the 40k + mark?

No?

Next!

Congrats zackd on the purchase as its albout personal choice

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_3MPS View Post
    So the upgrade path for us is something like 3 MPS to WRX STi or Evo X...I can handle that
    If I had the coin I would choose to import an RS over the STI or EVO anyday of the week and twice on sundays( @ wardski)....unless we are talking about the Evo FQ-400
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

I'm too loyal...I'll stick with the zoom zoom DNA

Quote Originally Posted by Team Green View Post

Thats what I thought too since I owned a 121(first ever car), a SP23HB and now the MPS but I just cant see anyway around me having a car with the current looks, so is keeping the MPS for me and once its time I will hopefully buy a 2nd car.
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

Well, I have finally laid eyes on my first 2010 MPS in Velocity Red at my local dealer yesterday, when I was picking up my baby from geting new rotors and side strips done under warranty.

I have to say, first impressions were "WOW" as I'm a sucker for VR.
    Having said that, I'm still not convinced I would trade up from my 07 MPS just for the sake of having a VR one...think I would rather have mine re-sprayed in VR - now THAT'S a good idea!!!!

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    ............ I owned a 121(first ever car)
    This explains a lot......

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

Being Loyal is great (and I've bought 3 mazdas in my lifetime), until it stabs you in the back....

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    If I had the coin I would choose to import an RS
    I looked into importing one of these from the UK. Getting it here via a friend of mine who deals in imports on the southside, compliancing and roadworthy costs was going to set me back close to $75k. Importing from Hong Kong around $73k.

I'll have a look at the FPV version in 2011/2012 (if it ever happens) but importing the current RS a lot of pesos for what it is. When I was in Hong Kong a few months back I actually sat in one (was not allowed to drive it tho ). IMO even the 2010 MPS interior is far better than the RS, but if you want the drivetrain (yes, the one the MPS should have had), handling and that bl00dy beautiful stock engine note, its definately a winner

In any regard, I've put in place a 3-4 year saving plan to ultimately buy a brand new GT-R next time round. Now thats something to aspire to.
    Last edited by Wardski; 29-07-2009 at 11:16 AM.

Going to have a drive tomorrow while mine is getting serviced.....

Im quite excited about all the new little gadgets etc...and gear stick being more user friendly (i hate the current ones position)

I went and had a look last night (twice actually) i went back about an hour later just to see if the massively protruding tail lights and rear bumper and rear window..werent as disturbingly wrong the second time around..but unfortunately it was still the same...

I like the front more than i thought i would...although there's something about the fact it looks like a cross between a speedracer ralliart colt (scoop)and a celica (long nose) that doesnt do it for me....

There is a black one and blue one there....i actually like the blue better than the black (go figure) the wheels suit the blue better....they look all wrong on the black....it didnt help that the black was parked next to a silver GT RX8 with the shadow chrome real deal wheels on it...now thats a sexy looking car!!!

There should be a build your own MPS like the WRX!!

Now i could build one sexy weapon before it even sees the light of day, looking the way it does at the moment!!!

Having said that if i didnt own my '06 MPS and still had my '05 SP23 then yeah i may consider buying one straight away....but im happy to hold on to the sexy version for a little while longer...

Go back to the hidden hatch handle...and alter the exterior features i mentioned above..and maybe i'll be interested!!!

I will be sure to comment on how much i love driving it after tomorrow

sorry guys.. im thinking fail!!!
    mazzdaaa, trying to hard..?
    on a budget?? yes its got more toys... but... seats have gone backwards... clutch is way too light..
    too much going on!!!
    espesh that front end!!
    sorry.. mps #1 FTW!

Except there's no real Mazda upgrade path once you're in the 3 MPS...in my opinion anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_3MPS View Post
    Except there's no real Mazda upgrade path once you're in the 3 MPS...in my opinion anyway.
    Sadly, thats the true

+1

Happy Motoring
    duglet

the new model is an upgrade

the new model is an upgrade
    Debate about this has been carrying on throughout the thread, the consensus has been that there isn't enough change between old and new...it's a model refresh, not an upgrade.

Upgrading from the 3 MPS and maintaining the small fast theme means moving to the next step up in the performance ladder (Evo X, STi etc).

A significant upgrade to the 3 MPS would be something like the addition of AWD, another 30+ kw etc.

Yes I have read the posts and I still maintain that if a face lifted 2 came out that would be in my eyes would be an upgrade...

Nothing against those that have them but I have driven a few Subies (no Evos) and find them boring and extremely hard on the eye...well the new ones anyway.

it might well be the consensus here but Mazda will gain more sales from new owners then previous owners stepping into a new one....

we will agree to disagree about the new model then....

it might well be the consensus here but Mazda will gain more sales from new owners then previous owners stepping into a new one....
    No disagreements here on that one, that's what I'm thinking too.

+1 for this first time owner of a MPS.
    BTW what does MPS actually stand for?

Quote Originally Posted by PerthMPS View Post
    +1 for this first time owner of a MPS.
    BTW what does MPS actually stand for?
    Mazda Performance Series

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast