User Tag List

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: So I went and checked out the new 3 MPS today...

1. Default

Hot pink! hawwwwt!

NOT!

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 08mps View Post
    what about handling steering forged bottom and an awd system that actually works not to mention a tune and a pipe that will easily get 220kws at the wheels reliably i didnt buy this car for the trim if that was the case i would of kept the mazda i had an sti great car but just not as good as the evo
    But thats just it.... To get the best out of the new Evo X, it needs to be modded... And then theres that warranty issue again.. Neg.

fcuk the STI and Evo, this thread is about the new mighty MPS

Off you go..you 2!

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    fcuk the STI and Evo, this thread is about the new mighty MPS

Off you go..you 2!
    Yep, ok, back to topic. STi wins

Since when did you become a moderator Nirv?

Quote Originally Posted by Wardski View Post
    Yep, ok, back to topic. STi wins

Since when did you become a moderator Nirv?
    Shhhh Im undercover
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

:mod:

I saw one on the weekend at livo whilst picking my car up from service. It was black.
    Nice

Now just need to book a drive in it.
    Much preferred the interior thats for sure.

At the end of the day.

New MPS = OLD MPS + NEW CLOTHES.

Thats my bit of algebra for the day.

I asked for a Spirit Green one last week and I was told.....

when i get back form sea i might visit rockdale mazda for a look see and maybe a test drive.

Quote Originally Posted by RedMPS View Post
    Instead of that baby blue colour, they should of went with the Hot Pink...

Showed my daughter this pic and she said it's nice but a darker purple would be better (she's 5 1/2)
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

I'll admit it that the pink doesn't look that bad.....and phantom purple would look great.....

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Whenever there is something new and innovative it will always be initially struck down as ugly nor non-functional... Just wait for the next model when it gets blown out of the water
    Errr...there's nothing that's "new and innovative" on the new 3 MPS...sorry

New...yes, for sure. Innovative, sadly not. And I think that's the whole point some of us are trying to make here.

-----------------

I'm surprised this has stirred up so much debate. To the guys who are buying the new ones after coming from something non-MPS, awesome! Welcome to MPS ownership, you'll love the experience.

Just keep in mind that comments about the car offering critical judgements in comparison to the old model aren't a personal go at you, merely owners of the previous model attempting to make economic sense of what would be an almost $20k trade in gap to purchase the new one.

Quote Originally Posted by shakespeare View Post
    Showed my daughter this pic and she said it's nice but a darker purple would be better (she's 5 1/2)
    yeah my little sister said the same thing... does anyone else see a pattern forming

Quote Originally Posted by DanSP23Bris View Post
    At the end of the day.

New MPS = OLD MPS + NEW CLOTHES.

Thats my bit of algebra for the day.

Quote Originally Posted by RedMPS View Post
    Instead of that baby blue colour, they should of went with the Hot Pink...

I like it. Reminds of when the XU1 came out in 'strike me pink' and metallic purple.

Gone to Volvo

16. Default

I think we all know the only car beaten with the ugly stick are Subaru's ... they werent just beaten they were thrashed to within an inch of their life

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post
    I think we all know the only car beaten with the ugly stick are Subaru's ... they werent just beaten they were thrashed to within an inch of their life
    Agree blackbetty! They look really feminine too me. Cars in this category need to keep that muscular appearance.
    I own a red one

:mod:

Guys, please remember that this is to discuss the new generation MPS, your first drive and thoughts alike.

I think we all need to be mindful not to let it become a sledging match between various makes/models.

Cheers

19. Default

Dont stress Danski, I'm used to the Subaru slinging match (some MPS peoples out there cant handle it tho), and everyone (including BB) has an opinion i guess. The looks of one car compared to another is definately in the eye of the beholder. IMO the 06-08 MPS beats both WRX and new MPS hands down.

If you asked me about the WRX's being ugly (in particular the sedan - Ahhh KIIIIAA!) then yes, I do agree. But the STi is in a league of its own. Definately not found in the ugly box <back me up here Nirvski >

In fact for me, I find the STi rated side by side in HAWWTness compared to my old Cosmic 3 MPS - but again, thats just my opinion.

And BB, if I was to thrash a car to within an inch of its life, I wouldn't be doing that in an MPS.....

***previous post refering to the "Ugly Stick" has been deleted due to being inappropriate for this forum***
    Last edited by Wardski; 28-07-2009 at 03:33 PM.

No offence to the new MPS or any of its admirers but I took the plunge and purchased a new 09 STI as well, just the std spec tho in WRC blue.
    I was blown away by the test drive ... I asked the dealer to drive it first and show me what it could do and was soon wishing I'd worn a nappy as I have never felt anything like it berofe ... I thought the MPS had good acceleration but the STI is a complete BEAST!
    I loved the sound of the exhaust and whining of the engine when you give it some... and the gear box was tight as.

I've enjoyed every minute in my 06 MPS but I cant wait or the 15th of Aug when I get my new STI ...

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast