User Tag List

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: So I went and checked out the new 3 MPS today...

Congrats on your purchase REDMPS...

But I have to agree with sanchez.

If i wanted a *look at me car* I would have bought a WRX.

I liked the sleeper look and beauty of having a car that blends in.

The true MPS ppl know the different between the normal models and MPS.

I have driven the new MPS....and its too smooth and refined for my liking.

New owners will love the new 3MPS and congrats and good luck to them....its a great car.

But ppl who have been daily driving the 3MPS for the last 3 years have grown to love and admire what they have and changing is always hard.

In a way, the previous MPS was more simple inside and brutal to drive, the new model has lost these features that so many of us have loved.

So...to answer your question, in 6 months time....I will still be in my current MPS or a Renault Megane R250.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

well said

Blog Entries

Well I have to say this car has grown on me- I think it looks great now after seeing it in the flesh.

All the goodies that it now has are also a bonus...and it even has GPS- something we have all been trying to find a decent solution to on the 3 and 6's as standard!

We need to keep sight on one single fact - it's still an MPS!!!!!

In a world filled with WRX's, HSV's, FPV's and EVO's, it's nice to see we can keep up as a club representing Mazda's great cars.
    Let's not become divided over the emergence of a new shape! As it has already been pointed out, there going to be people who either love or hate the new MPS - but we are all one big happy family!

sorry dont like the look. the previous model was nice good straight line speed nice inside but i hated the shit suspension and heavy nose so i sold it and bought the new evo x awesome car bye bye mazda

Quote Originally Posted by 08mps View Post
    sorry dont like the look. the previous model was nice good straight line speed nice inside but i hated the shit suspension and heavy nose so i sold it and bought the new evo x awesome car bye bye mazda
    In short you traded the "shit suspension and heavy nose" for a more expensive car with shit interior
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

Quote Originally Posted by EVILMPS View Post

In a world filled with WRX's, HSV's, FPV's and EVO's, it's nice to see we can keep up as a club representing Mazda's great cars.
    Let's not become divided over the emergence of a new shape! As it has already been pointed out, there going to be people who either love or hate the new MPS - but we are all one big happy family!
    Well said Deano We should all be proud of those three letters that Mazda have graced us with, (regardless of what model) and be proud of the fact that we belong to great club with many outstanding members

I like both models of 3MPS (and my 6) and hope that Mazda continue to deliver and improve on a great product!
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

Quote Originally Posted by EVILMPS View Post

I think this is well said - at the end of the day, its a Mazda, and it's a MPS.

There shouldn't be a divide over this really.
    2015 Audi S3 | MTX | Sedan | Sepang Blue | Sunroof | SPP1 | Assistance Package | BW - Week 17 | Delivery June/July '15... Hopefully...

Help support OzMPSClub - Become a VIP Member today! - Click here for more details...

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    In short you traded the "shit suspension and heavy nose" for a more expensive car with shit interior
    I wouldnt say shit interior, but certainly who ever did the plastics colouring was colour blind. The door panels and dash are different colours under direct sunlight - one of them looks distinctly blue...

The Evo X would out handle the MPS in the twisties any day of the week and twice on sundays, so you can forgive the interior (even tho I couldnt - hence my $$ was on an STi with more power, 200% better interior, and loads more fun.. when the back end lets go! weeeeeeee)

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by duglet View Post
    But ppl who have been daily driving the 3MPS for the last 3 years have grown to love and admire what they have and changing is always hard.

In a way, the previous MPS was more simple inside and brutal to drive, the new model has lost these features that so many of us have loved
    The oldie is raw and simple, and thats what I loved about it - much like my old 2001 WRX Sti.

+1 for being so spot on dug

Quote Originally Posted by Wardski View Post
    I wouldnt say shit interior, but certainly who ever did the plastics colouring was colour blind. The door panels and dash are different colours under direct sunlight - one of them looks distinctly blue...

The Evo X would out handle the MPS in the twisties any day of the week and twice on sundays, so you can forgive the interior (even tho I couldnt - hence my $$ was on an STi with more power, 200% better interior, and loads more fun.. when the back end lets go! weeeeeeee)

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

+1

Spot on dug
    Yeah I didnt mean sh!t as in ugly but as in cheap for the money one of those car cost.

It would be garbage if it didnt outdrive the MPS , its way more expensive and its got AWD.
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

11. Default

Yeah I didnt mean sh!t as in ugly but as in cheap for the money one of those car cost.

It would be garbage if it didnt outdrive the MPS , its way more expensive and its got AWD.
    no need to repeat yourself Nirvski, but you're right. For 70k, all you're gettin is a bullet proof drivetrain, and nothin else

12. Default

Congrats on your purchase Red its looks great in the VR, for me the black and the VR were the stand out colours ... you will be smiling from ear to ear for a very long time. The 6 has a more smoother power delivery than the 3 and thats one of the many things I love about it, its a good thing Mazda have put that quality into the new 3 and done some cosmetic changes so it truely stands above the rest of the 3 line like it deserves to.

Bottom line is Mazda have put a lot of thought into the driveability, comfort and styling of their performance range including the RX8's and MX5's and I for one am very happy about that thought and effort into providing us all with so many wonderful choices. They have helped us easily change from being A to B drivers to true enthusiasts where driving becomes a pleasure not a chore.
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

13. Default

Oooooh but i do love a car with a bit of fight club in it. Predictable comfortable cars are boring

Oooooh but i do love a car with a bit of fight club in it. Predictable comfortable cars are boring
    Says you "Mr I dont like noises" "Mr no-rattles" "Mr I need AWD"

no need to repeat yourself Nirvski, but you're right. For 70k, all you're gettin is a bullet proof drivetrain, and nothin else
    sorry but mine was only 57k driveaway new

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

the driving experience is like no other the mps was just to soft for me

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

the driving experience is like no other the mps was just to soft for me

Quote Originally Posted by RedMPS View Post
    For those of you that have not seen the car in the flesh, please do! It is much better than what the pics illustrate. And it does/will grow on you!

I'm not going to try and convince anybody on here, but I'm getting one. It was great timing, as my lease has runout on my SS. While the MPS is no beauty queen, it will make the old model look dated very quickly. In fact, her *ss is much hotter than the old model and is an important feature, because it's all a lot of people will ever see. Surely you agree?...

I pick my red one up this Friday and cannot wait.
    Congrats on your purchase mate and to the forum

I get mine on the 10th or so... very jealous that you get yours this Friday hehe..

I'm not getting involved in the "big nose, too many buttons, fat arse" debate because I don't give two 's what anyone else thinks of my car what's most important is what I think of my car... and I love it

Whenever there is something new and innovative it will always be initially struck down as ugly nor non-functional... Just wait for the next model when it gets blown out of the water

Enjoy your ride mate and perhaps we'll catch up on a cruise one day.

what about handling steering forged bottom and an awd system that actually works not to mention a tune and a pipe that will easily get 220kws at the wheels reliably i didnt buy this car for the trim if that was the case i would of kept the mazda i had an sti great car but just not as good as the evo

18. Default

Quote Originally Posted by 08mps View Post
    sorry but mine was only 57k driveaway new
    What? did you steal it.

The base 5sp is $59k (brand new, not a demo), before LCT and onroads and rego. I also wanted the performance pack (add $7500 fitted & after LCT), as the standard elcrapo 5sp was way too soft...

I drove both Evo X and STi extensively before making a decision (the Evo x 5 times, and STi twice), and infact I had a 5k deposit on the Evo X long before I test drove the STi.. I found the STi way more fun and with more power. Evo X was good, but felt way too heavy, especially in 1st & 2nd gears. Sounded like a singer sewing machine on crack too. Any 4 yr old can drive an Evo X. The electronics take all the fun and expertise out of driving. Everyone is different tho.

[YOUTUBE]VrFWGfdTnk4[/YOUTUBE]

Sorry SRL, definately a NEG on your comments.. One thing that sold me on the STi was that it had all the syncro wurrrrrrrrs and noises like the real WRC rally car. Truely awesome. Maybe one day you'll have a test drive and see what im talking about
    Last edited by Wardski; 27-07-2009 at 09:42 PM.

19. Default

I cant fit in an Evo. My shoulders are too wide! Or the seat to narrow...

My new car list just changed again. Subota Coupe, STi, 135i, 130i, Insignia VXR (220kw AWD 2.6L twin turbo Opel design).

I saw a new MPS today and was not at all impressed. The "Scoop" looks like an after thought to draw more attention to a car that already gets enough attention due to the front bumper.

Instead of that baby blue colour, they should of went with the Hot Pink...

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast