User Tag List

Thread: New MPS: First Drive and Assessment

Default New MPS: First Drive and Assessment

I slipped inside her, pressed her button and she started purring. When I gave her heaps and played with her love stick her dials would light up and she squealed at all the right times. While racey she is also submissive doing exactly as she was told. Afterwards I sat there panting, snuggled comfortably into her stroking her leather collar and her purring in appreciation.

I think at last I have found my true love...

Ha ha, Thats funny.

Test driving one tomorrow.

Awww! that story is so sweet!

So you're hooked and coming back for more? Looking forward to following the relationship of Enigma and the new girl

Quote Originally Posted by shakespeare View Post
    Awww! that story is so sweet!

So you're hooked and coming back for more? Looking forward to following the relationship of Enigma and the new girl
    Oh yes... she's definitely a keeper
    Last edited by Enigma; 25-07-2009 at 06:29 AM.

The test drive day has convinced me on getting one next year when its the 2nd yera anniversary of my lease.....so the little 2 hopefuklly will be passed onto a new owner that will love it like I do...but power is calling...

Sweet. I get my VR on Friday.... I cant wait.

I wanted to cruz up to Wang(aratta) to show it off to friends and family, but Im now thinking it'll be too tempting to set it on cruz and sit on a constant speed. But from what i understand, you shouldnt sit on constant speeds in new cars these days for the first 1000k's or so while running in. Does anyone have any advice in this regard?

Also, my flat mate has got an SP23. When her speedo says 100km/h, its actually 95km/h. Does anyone know if the MPS has a similar issue with its speedo being out? Maybe the New Gen ones have fixed this issue???

On Sunday after cruzing on the weekend I'll post my initial reactions and some pics too!!
    I own a red one

Quote Originally Posted by RedMPS View Post
    Sweet. I get my VR on Friday.... I cant wait.

I wanted to cruz up to Wang(aratta) to show it off to friends and family, but Im now thinking it'll be too tempting to set it on cruz and sit on a constant speed. But from what i understand, you shouldnt sit on constant speeds in new cars these days for the first 1000k's or so while running in. Does anyone have any advice in this regard?
    Two worst things to do to a new motor:
    1. Sit at a constant RPM/Speed
    2. Put the engine under any sort of load

When I get my car I'm planning on a weekend away driving in the mountains, lots of variable speed and if I'm careful with my gearing it won't be under any sort of load.

Blog Entries

I think all cars have the speedo showing a slightly higher speed then what you are actually doing.

Thanks Enigma. A mountain drive sounds like a great idea. So looks like I'll stay close to home then. I guess some night cruzing in the City is ok too. Will be interested to see if I get any reactions... the new one may not be such a sleeper, but I still think people will underestimate what it hides under the hood? But no hard acceleration for the first 500-1000km. Then, I'm sure the opportunity will arise to see how things go against some SS-V's etc. ... on the track, naturally

Should I expect to compete with an SS-V? I assuming rolling starts the MPS will fair very well, but on launch I assume Im gone? I just sold an SV8. I think because it was the same engine as the SS, but 50kg lighter because of the lack of plastic and chrome bits so I felt it was pretty quick. But I know an MPS would eat it up. But the new SS seems quick, so not sure?
    I own a red one

10. Default

RedMPS, they all have that issue. If you have a GPS, you can check your true speed. They're about 10% out from experience.

10%! Thats huge. I really dont like that. My SV8 was 1km out at 100km/h. (99 at 100km/h). I'll check it out on the GPS (does the GPS that comes with it have a speed indicator?) and report back how much out it is on the new ones.

Blog Entries

Yeah the 2006 - 2008 MPS has about an 8% error in the speedo. I'd be interested to know if it's been fixed in the new model.

My 6 was around 6-7% under with stock tyres, on 225/45/18 it's about 3-4% under. When I had the 225/40/18 it was over 10% out, for which I recallibrated the dashhawk, strangely on my current tyres with the dashhawk at default settings for the gear ratios, the readings are 100kph on the GPS, dashhawk 100kph, speedo 97kph not sure how this works?

My 2 is about 4kph out...as checked with GPS
    Last edited by Team Green; 30-07-2009 at 02:07 AM.

I dont see this as a bug or problem, I think is more of a safety net minimizing the chances of people geting caught speeding while thinking they werent speeding.

While going thru a speed trap you can safety keep you speed up without the worry of maybe been a few kph over.

Plus its fun on the highway for people with GPS and dashawks(if calibrated right) againts people without them, nice, cruisy and lots of overtaking
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol