User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motor Mag. Bang For Your Bucks 09 - WRX

Default Motor Mag. Bang For Your Bucks 09 - WRX

A few quotes:

"The WRX put in an emphatic performance and its victory is well deserved."

"The 2.5 litre boxer feels lustier than in any WRX in recent history."

"WRX's specification update highlights just how bad the MY08 model really was."

"Much faster than last year, but the sedan has an arse like a fat hippo."

0-100 in 5.52 secs
    quarter in 13.69 @161.62 kph

ok so there is no MPS to compare i guess for the year 09.. BUT competitors were Ralliart Lancer, 370Z, Audi TTS, Maxda MX5, Mazda 3 SP25, VW Golf TSi, Passat CC, Civic Type R and a few others. 13 in total.

Ok no offense to our fellow mazda SP25 owners... but the SP25... ??

why would they release this article now.. why not wait a bit til we have like the R32 Golf and the new MPS out... then see what happens...

BLACK 06 MPS3 - HKS SRi/K&N - SU REM - TWM STS & Bushings - Custom MP

SP25 is an over priced poor car, shouldnt have been put up there.

I guess the article is only good to tell people stay away from the SP25, which is good me thinks.
    Last edited by Nirvandan; 23-07-2009 at 04:40 PM.

and the 370Z ??? in a bang for buck comp ?? come on its like a 60+ g car isn't it ? its a complete different class...

XR5/Megane/XR6T???

I think BFYB is like COTY and only takes models that are current or have been revised since previous BFYB's. Timing is because It's always around this time of year

My Favourite BFYB is the 2006 where the MPS3 won in it's class and the MPS6 had some good lap times, even though it was the Oran Park north circuit.

Bring on 2010 BFYB with the New MPS, New GTI, New Megane etc

R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

You can't argue with those numbers from the Rex, if the MY08 had been as good as this one I wonder how many of us would be driving the 3 MPS now?

I quite possibly wouldn't be...

7. Default

if the MY08 WRX didnt look like a bucket of I would definately be driving around in one now

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM F6

9. Default

hmmmmmmm i like those STI figures.. 3rd aint bad, but $80k+ price bracket? They're $68k on road for the Spec R...

STI was in $50K-$80K bracket, but hot damn! they're quick, I just love that article, as my "boat" is only 4/10's a second off the RS4

Yeah, I love the RS4 to death, but you'd feel a bit of a dick if you forked out $170K and all it bought you was half second advantage.

i find it .... painful... to believe that they got the SS around quicker then the 3MPS .. have you seen those things in a corner...

13. Default

As someone that has driven the 09 WRX it was shit.

Too much roll, not enough support, not enough noise, too long a throw, the gearing is too long and its missing a gear.

Left the test drive with only one positive, the cute assistant went with me and not an ugly male dealer.

I'll be looking STi, EVO or 135i, even with the extra spend over a MPS. My next car will be lowered with a nice set of rims and that is it.

The bashing starts.....they ran it early so the MPS couldn't show up the Subies..

Didnt WHEELS mag had one of the new MPS available for review like over 2 months a go?.... why wouldnt Motor include it in the review as well?

second class citizen mag....

Quote Originally Posted by Team Green View Post
    second class citizen mag....
    They've got the same publisher with seemingly interchangeable staff...and Phil Scott (ex-Wheels editor) runs the whole show anyway. Prob won't be many years before they merge titles you'd think.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    Didnt WHEELS mag had one of the new MPS available for review like over 2 months a go?.... why wouldnt Motor include it in the review as well?
    I'm pretty sure that most of the major articles like BFYB are actually run several months before the issue, therefore the 3MPS probably wasn't available, and from memory the Wheels guys previewed the new 3MPS in Japan.

And yes Motor and Wheels are the same family!
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post
    if the MY08 WRX didnt look like a bucket of I would definately be driving around in one now
    good call bb. i think they got the car sweet as mechanically but jeez what bout the cosmetics??? i am talking the total package!!
    HKS cat back, CES SRI, DENSO Iridium cold plugs,MZR Shifter Base Bushings... more to come! got the mod bug!!!

Not even mechanically, I test drove one before buying the MPS and the WRX 08 was average at best.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast