User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The new generation Mazda 3 MPS – technical review

1. Default

So I think from what you're saying is - they look good, but not practical - and if you said that, you'd be correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardski View Post
    So I think from what you're saying is - they look good, but not practical - and if you said that, you'd be correct.
    Yes thats what Im saying

Btw when you had them on, did you put wider tyres than stock?

Im asking because the ones I saw were on stock tyres and the lip of the rims were pretty much exposed and Im assuming thats why it had already quiet a few chips here and there.
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

Theese look mint as 10/10

Quote Originally Posted by LYNCHY View Post
    Theese look mint as 10/10

Thats because its a wardski mobile

Yup those were the days when Wardski used to be cool

Such a sexy pic............

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    Yup those were the days when Wardski used to be cool
    Yeah, now im just hot

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    Btw when you had them on, did you put wider tyres than stock?
    Yep, had 225/35/20 Nexen N2000's on it.

Would have had no probs with the rubbing if I went 225/30/20, but then there was little or no side wall on em, and thats just a disaster waiting to happen...

Quote Originally Posted by Wardski View Post
    Yeah, now im just hot
    hahaha....
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

Default New member

Hi everyone, My name is Bruce and this is my 1st attempt at posting on any forum (hope it works!!!)

In 2006 I sold the 1st HSV Senator5000i ever built and bought a new 2006 True red MPS Sport. What a great car. I added 18in Zinic wheels, sunroof, rear park sensors and invisible car bra by Ozishield.

3 years and 40000kms later I walked into a dealer with a change-over figure in mind and walked out having done a deal on a new red MPS.
    Picked it up a week ago and fitted the Zinic wheels from the other car. Rob Tait from Cartint did the glass and Ozishield is in the process of applying the invisible bra.

It is much more refined than the 06 car. I enjoyed the rawness of the 06 but the new car is better as a daily driver. The technology is amazing, you can even alter the volume of the indicator click!!!

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmmps View Post
    you can even alter the volume of the indicator click!!! Cheers.
    OMG...Im so buying one now

....btw Welcome aboard mmmmps

thanx for the write up. very informative.

A little update to this. I spent Tuesday at Sandown with a few of these MPS3s (plus a few other Mazdas).

I can say that the 3MPS is a mighty quick car at the track. Stock standard, road rubber, 4 up and aircon on and we still saw just on 200km/h on the back straight. I did take a new MX5 out at some point, and as a guide saw just under 170km/h with just me in the car.

The MPS handled everything thrown at it. "My" car actually ran all day with the aircon on, about 20 different drivers and was the first one to run out of fuel. So, imagine your road car doing a day at the track being driven by anyone and everyone, getting through a whole tank of fuel, half worn tyres and just happy to keep backing up for more!

To sum it up, a very worthy contender in the hot hatch range, and it would be my pick. Diff works well to put power down, power delivery is strong with a huge midrange, steering had very good feel, handling was good and more adjustable than the older car and the cabin was a very comfortable place to be. Car felt safe and secure enough for me to be sitting in the passenger seat, being driven by some who had never been at 180km/h and so were more intent on looking at the speedo than the corners just past the blind crest on the back straight. On that, why is it that a lot of people are happy to mash the accelerator pedal, but then at the end of the straight simply touch the brake pedal like they are trying to stop from 20km/h in 20m? While the look on their face when they work out they aren't going to slow down in time is priceless, it got a bit tiresome when it happened lap after lap!

Great write up.

great info mate ... although the weird front grille on the 3MPS is a tad too overdone for my likings

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234