User Tag List

Thread: New to your world

Default New to your world

Hi Guys,
    I am new to forums and obviously new here.
    I've been researching the new MPS3 for over six months now and I'm booked in for a test drive on Saturday (can't wait). We brought an SP23 in 07 and it has been great, couldn't convince the wife to get the MPS then as it is her main drive but this time its my turn.

Great to see people passionate about their rides and enjoying their driving.

As the MPS will be my daily drive, I was wondering how people find the firm ride and the six speed in the daily traffic jam?

Again a big hello and a thank you for being out there, I have read and learnt a lot in recent times here.

Maginty, I look forward to seeing your new MPS soon.

As to daily drive, I've got an MPS6 so can't comment on the 3, but I do have a stiffer than stock suspension set-up (coilovers that are firm) and the minor jarring I feel on some bad road sections is not too bad. The 6 speed is fine in stop start driving, though Perth has much less traffic than Melbourne, but what I've found is that on a slow crawl there is enough torque in these motors to pull from low RPM in second, so IMO traffic is cool (crank up the stereo and enjoy)
    Good luck with it
    Chris
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

I also have quite firm suspension and find that potholes and badly surfaced roads can be annoying. Even the standard suspension will struggle to remain composed over bad roads. However, it makes up for this in handling.

The gearbox is fine, pretty much like any other manual car in traffic.

Blog Entries

Hi Maginity, and welcome

You'll find the ride in the new model slightly less jarring than the previous model and a little easier with the gear shifts. You won't be disappointed, and I'm sure you'll be signing on the dotted line on the weekend

Enjoy your new MPS3 - I know you'll get it

I dont think you'll be unhappy with either the ride or transmittion

to OZMPS the MPS3 bug has hit me so its bye bye 2 and bring on more power