User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OzMPS Crew & The New 2010 MPS3 - Pics!

Quote Originally Posted by DanSP23Bris View Post
    What did you pay & how long is the expected wait?

Tail-light i'd almost assume is key-lock for the tail gate.

I guess the key is a proximity key, just like the Lexus has.
    I got the Luxury, with the tilt motion alarm, floor mats, protection pack & full tinting for $49k on the road... It's already on a boat and should land in Brissy on the 1st Aug... by the time it clears customs etc I should have the keys in my hand by no later than the 10th (barring shipping hold ups)...

I came in under budget so I'm pretty pleased with it all

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kmh001 View Post
    I just spent the evening writing up our technical review of the new MPS so we can get the info out there as quickly as possible. I'll submit it to the editor in chief soon.

You'll be proud to know we upheld the honour of ozmpsclub by winning the skid pan comp.

Rick Bates went out first and set the benchmark time of 52 seconds. Next best time was Ted with a 54.3, but he was excluded from the results because he's an advanced driving instructor. That left me as the winner with a time of 54.7. Not bad considering the first time I drove an MPS3 was the day before

And it gets better, apparently the best time done by any of the motoring journalists was 56. I thought they were supposed to know how to drive.

I'll stop bragging now.
    You didn't tell them that I came third at 56.3...with a broken right ankle

I wonder where the other forums came
    2014 Mk7 Golf R | DSG | Reflex Silver | Leather | Drive Assist | Bi-Xenon Headlights
    1981 Lincoln Town Car | Auto | 80s Cream | 90s brown interior | 5.0L V8 | Currently no working headlights

Well done Rowie!

Thats a grand effort considering you're practically incapacitated! Well, just slightly?

Looks like a good day was had by all.

NB. Jealous over Enigma's score... I signed over a week ago, and it's due to arrive August 15, with delivery the following week pending no holdups!

nice pics

Mal AKA DK

awesome...

did they unleash the targa MPS at all... ? give it a strap ? would have been keen to see how quick that was ?

new mps in black def looks the best... i got to wait 2 weeks still until they get up here !! grrrr

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    awesome...

did they unleash the targa MPS at all... ? give it a strap ? would have been keen to see how quick that was ?
    Yep all the people got a hot lap ...and they unleashed it so to speak .....

That car is awesome

Are you gonna upgrade Paul
    マツダスピード

Yeah we all got a hot lap in the targa cars. Even managed to convince them to let the Mazda groupies go for a spin but while Lynchy was doing his lap I was standing there with Mel waiting to jump in the second car when they ended the session due to tyre wear. I felt awful for Mel because she got so close to a ride in the targa car. As a consolation Rick Bates took her for a lap in one of the new MPS's.

Blog Entries

I've uploaded all my pics and a couple of vids:

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/gener...os-videos.html

no upgrades for me lynchy.... unless you call buying a dualcab an upgrade... it is bigger i guess ? haha

the mps will be for sale soon ... just sorting out some stuff !!

Quote Originally Posted by kmh001 View Post
    Yeah we all got a hot lap in the targa cars.
    ARGGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!

You lucky b****s!!!!!

Now Im jealous
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    ARGGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!

You lucky b****s!!!!!

Now Im jealous
    マツダスピード

There is also a budget model available for those who can't afford a new 3 MPS.

I did say model.......

Blog Entries

- I have mine on my desk right here.

Too hot to wear the jacket in QLD though

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DanSP23Bris View Post
    Targa MPS3 has an OMPSC decal on it...

Dunno how it got there either
    Someones done a deal with the mazda devil

15. Default

Ive uploaded the few pics I took as an Official MPS Groupie/Stalker here ---> http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/membe...pie-shots.html

Was a fantastic couple of days. Dave Lynchy and I were leaving my house on Tuesday to head off to Bungendore to book into the pub for wed night stay. I needed fuel so we detoured via the petrol station, Dave was driving my car and Lynchy was behind us in his. We were waiting at the roundabout to get onto the Monaro highway and a new black MPS3 then a red one drove past us, after a brief second pause it took us to realise they were the new MPS3's we shot onto the roundabout with me yelling at Dave 'Floor it catch them'. We were so deleriously excited following the red and the black one who were spritedly trying to lose us up the hill, closely followed by a Blue and a Silver one behind us.

Dave drove my MPS6 like hes never driven it before and were we ecstatic to be in convey with the new MPS3's secretly making their way to the Media Launch ringing Danski on the phone for regular updates and me retardedly trying to work out how to take pictures with Daves mobile while he is learning very quickly how to drive an MPS well.

We got out the front of the Sutton Road Driving centre, ummed and arghed for 5 mins wether to go in or not then thought stuff it the worst they can do is tell us to get lost.

So thats the story of how we successfully stalked the MPS3's through the streets of Canberra and how Lynchy and I got an unofficial invite/'we wont tell u to get lost if u turn up' to the Mazda forum invite day on Wednesday and became affectionately known as the MPS groupies by the guys from Mazda Australia.

Been the greatest couple of days I have had in a long time even including the silly girly giggle that escaped my grinning mouth as Bates launched through the air as he took me on my pity hot lap
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

Oh that is too funny!

I'm still laughing

From "ACT Stalkers" to "Mazda Groupies" great story Mel

Great pics too, love the "creative" shots of the VR
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

Unhappy

I'm not liking the new body shape at the front it's just not sporty and the dash looks cheap looking compared to previous model , I don't mind the bonnet scoop.I will just need to keep driving my MPS (company car) a little longer, it will only be 12 months old on the 1st of August.....

Cool story and pics! Liking Lynchy's black 6 MPS wheels, looks awesome.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12