User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recirculation hose on Blow Off Valve split

Default Recirculation hose on Blow Off Valve split

Hey guys well today i was driving home from work wen the car felt like it had lost power and the bov sounded different. anyways upon reching home and examing under the hood i realised that the hose that connects to the recirc bit on the BOV has split in half.

just just wondering whether anyone knew where to buy new ones from whether it be OEM or aftermarket?

Put the stock BOV back on and take it to Mazda to get it fixed.

For all the stuffing around, your probably better off just to go to autobarn and get a piece of silicon hose, wont cost much.

Edit: My bad, just re-read... I thought you meant the pressure hose but you mean the larger one that goes back to the inlet, in which case, what nirvandan said.

hmm not too sure if im explaining myself correctly. this pic might make it more understandable.

Thats a really cheap hose to replace. Try Autobarn. 3m of 4mm silicon hose cost me $25.

then you will have spare for other times you want it, like to the boost gauge etc.

ahhh kool thanks 2XS. Also will driving it like this damage anything?

It shoudn't because it's so small, but what you will find, under vacumm it will suck a small bit of air in there, making it run slightly leaner, and under boost it will leak air out, causing it to run slightly richer. However, it probably wont boost that hard because there wont be much pressure on that side of your BOV. It will be like your car is "Blowing Off" all the time.

well ive just positioned the small metal slip thing in a way where its covering the split. just untill tomorrow when i buy some more hosing.
    thanks for the info guys

Tape it up till its replaced..
    I had the same thing happen, I took apart the GFB and turned the top so the recirculate fitting wouldn't rub on the plastic..(either turn it so it faces down more, or in towards the engine bay)..
    Also moved the foam bit up to cover it and taped it up good (otherwise it will happen again.)

If I had my car atm id take pics.. though its with mazda atm.

yea thats what i ended up doing for now justin..Just turning the metal clip didnt really work so i just took it off and cut the piece at the front that was split and put it back on like normal. It is abit tight but will do untill i can get my hands on some more tubing.

Quote Originally Posted by STEALTH_MPS View Post
    yea thats what i ended up doing for now justin..Just turning the metal clip didnt really work so i just took it off and cut the piece at the front that was split and put it back on like normal. It is abit tight but will do untill i can get my hands on some more tubing.
    Did you pull apart the BOV and turn the top of it, so the recirc hose is pointing either down or towards the engine? Otherwise it will happen again (did to me anyway.)

Seems like you might have a bit of movement in the engine (rear mount?)
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Yeah, a new engine mount should fix it

new mount is already on the cards...just waiting on the cash to flow in

Completely off topic now, but Fulcrum here in Brisbane are currently making up inserts for the stock mount, if you're interested that is.

Ive got my TRZ to put up FS

hmm how does the trz compare to the cpe mount?

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Ive got my TRZ to put up FS
    How come you're selling the TRZ Jmac????

ok well i got some tubing today which my dad had laying around in the garage but i think its a little to narrow compared to the stock size and the little metal clip thing that holds it in place just slips off it.
    will this be alright to use or is it to narrow and wont allow for efficient flow or whatever the tube does??

ps. the red tube is the new one

Flow won't matter. Just get a hose clamp small enough to stop it coming off. Its only for vacuum to open the BOV.

so with that been a smaller hole it shouldnt matter???
    wouldnt it be different compared tot he stock one though?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast