User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stock MPS boost?

I understand it to be 13.6 psi max stock. I feel that 21-22 max quoted above is excessive without strengthened internals and any more than 18 psi generates more heat than usefulness.

Running 18 all day every day with chiptorque ezy flash.... Loving every minute of it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Crapatalk

My car struggles to hold the boost at the moment... Peaks at 16/17 then drops down to about 12 by 6k revs.... I should be looking to hold at least 14/15 psi surely?

Also the lower gears 1/2/3 don't seem to boost or hold as good...

Quote Originally Posted by kevstewart View Post
    My car struggles to hold the boost at the moment... Peaks at 16/17 then drops down to about 12 by 6k revs.... I should be looking to hold at least 14/15 psi surely?

Also the lower gears 1/2/3 don't seem to boost or hold as good...
    Boost is limited (std Mazda tune) to a percentage in the lower gears 1-4. Eg 1st - 80%, 2nd - 85%, 3rd - 90% and 4th 95%. Yes 4th is actually limited too.

Most aftermarket tunes remove these limiters.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

Thanks for the information... Would my hypertech remove these?
    Got my car on rolling road last weekend and they used 3rd gear, seemed a bit odd to me... Anyone heard of that?

Default MPS Boost level.

Hi,

I was at 12 to 15Psi standard, Since the versatune high load map with supermarket 99 octane fuel it peaks and holds 18.5psi.
    VT was the best tuning option to an otherwise standard car.

Quote Originally Posted by lazydog View Post
    14psi on a MPS6.

I am running 21-22psi safely. MPS Garage told me not to run more than that otherwise I would most prolly bend a conrod!

Lazydog, what supporting mods did you have from that? or was that just increasing the boost on a stock? I am about to put some money into mine (6mps) and am jsut looking at what boost I can run without upgrading intercoolers and turbo's, happy to go exhaust and air box mods.

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyMPS View Post
    Lazydog, what supporting mods did you have from that? or was that just increasing the boost on a stock? I am about to put some money into mine (6mps) and am jsut looking at what boost I can run without upgrading intercoolers and turbo's, happy to go exhaust and air box mods.
    not overly keen on 21-22psi on stock turbo... 18-19psi is about max i would push without meth/E85, but doing that to redline is going to be very difficult as the turbo struggles to push that much air.
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Yep pretty sure above 18psi you're going to be blowing hot air on the baby k04... 22psi would see crazy BATs and be inefficient anyway

On my last WOT run I hit 21.6psi and had boost cut in a major way.
    My question is to those who know about Temp and how it effects boost, will the car run to higher boost levels when colder? I did a couple of runs late one afternoon and no boost cut but did one at about 1am and hit boost cut a few seconds into the run?
    21.6 worries me a lot, hopefully when I get my etune and EBC and solenoide I can sit around 18psi
    All Things 2XS

Quote Originally Posted by Ski82 View Post
    On my last WOT run I hit 21.6psi and had boost cut in a major way.
    My question is to those who know about Temp and how it effects boost, will the car run to higher boost levels when colder? I did a couple of runs late one afternoon and no boost cut but did one at about 1am and hit boost cut a few seconds into the run?
    21.6 worries me a lot, hopefully when I get my etune and EBC and solenoide I can sit around 18psi
    @Ski82 do you have a log to show? Also, what map you running? I can take a quick look into it

Main things I'm interested in are what boost is being requested and what your wgdc is

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

I do it's a DH log but.....does that matter?
    and running stage 2 2XS map from Cobb

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

I'll do another run soon with the AP and give you a look...

Quote Originally Posted by Ski82 View Post
    I do it's a DH log but.....does that matter?
    and running stage 2 2XS map from Cobb

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

I'll do another run soon with the AP and give you a look...
    as long as you can tell me what the boost and WGDC is

I don't believe it does, I posted it last week I think you may have had a look.
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/elect...-data-log.html

new thread

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Post info in that other thread

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    not overly keen on 21-22psi on stock turbo... 18-19psi is about max i would push without meth/E85, but doing that to redline is going to be very difficult as the turbo struggles to push that much air.
    Thanks for that, answered the question well. will do some more forum reading about increasing boost before I commit to anything Thanks again

I run 18 on the street quite safely I would be weary of going further to try and pro long the life of the factory turbo I believe around 20 is safe but you do run into efficiency issues at levels like that

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12