User Tag List

Thread: Shannons Nationals - Production Car Race Eastern Creek 18-19 July

Default Shannons Nationals - Production Car Race Eastern Creek 18-19 July

Just to let you know the Grand Prix Mazda Motorsport Team will be competing in the Production Car Race at Eastern Creek on the 18-19 July. I have planned a pit visit with Joseph the Team Manager to get a closer look at the race prepped MPS3. If anyone is interested to join me let me know, I plan to be there on Saturday 18 July & pit visit will be at 1pm, between qualifying & race 1.

Presso

http://www.thenationals.com.au/story.asp?id=356

Post with previous race at Wakefield Park
    Last edited by shakespeare; 12-07-2009 at 01:24 AM.

Presso

I will try and get there as I have the day off but working Sunday...

No worries Team Green

Can't make the Saturday, but what time are they racing Sunday?

cheers

9am Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by <Robbo> View Post
    Can't make the Saturday, but what time are they racing Sunday?

cheers

Jake should have the MPS zooming near the front runners....

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

AUSTRALIAN PRODUCTION CAR RACING Print E-mail
    Production Car racing in Australia could not be healthier with an outstanding 28 car entry for round two of the Australian Manufacturers Championship at Eastern Creek on July 18-19. The category which is part of the Shannons Nationals, is further boosted by the recent announcement of Boylan Traffic Solutions as the naming rights backer for the remainder of the 2009 Championship.
    “This is another key foundation stone along with the 12 hour event at Bathurst in the rebuilding of true production based motor sport in Australia,” claimed category commercial manager Aaron McGill. “With the Global Financial Crisis affecting motor sport the world over, the timing is right for this cost effective category to experience rapid growth and the AMC is on a lot of competitors’ radar.”
    “Everyone is aware of the pioneering legends of motor racing in Australia” said Boylan Traffic Solutions Managing Director Peter Boylan. “Moffat, Bond, Morris, Goss along with my friend Peter Brock gave us a heritage of high performance road going motor sport that will be rediscovered by a new generation of competitors and fans. My experience in business is that if you offer something special, interesting and it’s what people are looking for, you’re on a winner and I’m sure this category is bound for greater things in the future.” The Eastern Creek roll up is the biggest field seen outside of the Bathurst endurance events and is spearheaded by series leader and 2007 Australian Production Car Champion Garry Holt. His BMW 355i Turbo is the pre event favourite for the High Performance Rear Wheel Drive Class A2 as well as fancied to strongly challenge the might of Class A1 (High Performance All Wheel Drive).
    In Class A1 Bathurst 12 Hour winner Rod Salmon (Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 10) again goes head to head with Lee Castle’s Subaru Impreza WRX STi after a fiery encounter at round one but will have to watch out for the Pro Duct Lancers of Mark King and Bob Pearson as well as tarmac rally star Steve Glenney who is similarly mounted. Veteran touring car ace Jim Hunter completes the class in another Subaru.
    In Class A2 Holt will have numerous Holdens and Fords to combat in a German engineering verses Aussie V8 grunt scenario. Steve Briffa heads the Lion assault in his VE Clubsport with support from Tim Sipp while former GT Performance runners Jim Pollicina and Anthony Loscialpo are in superseded HSV’s. Debuting from that extinct category in a pair of Donut Kings backed HSV Coupes will be Tony Alford and Barry Nesbitt while on the Ford side of the ledger are the improving Chris Delfsma, back in his Falcon GT after an outing in Commodore Cup, and Matt Brady in a new XR8.
    Former Production Car Champion David Ryan returns in his Falcon XR6 Turbo but will be hard pressed by the sensational Jake Camilleri and his Mazda 3 MPS which is the combination to beat in Class B for Hot Hatches and Sedans and has even more than held its own in the outright stakes. They will be joined by former touring car driver Graham Lusty out of retirement in another turbo Falcon and the BMW 130i pair of Allan Shephard and Peter O’Donnell.
    Hoping for a change of luck where his team mate Stuart Jones took Class C Production Sports round one honours will be another former champ Toyota Celica driver Colin Osborne. The pair will be matched in speed by the Mini Cooper S of Shaun Keogh and Terry Conroy’s Honda Integra.
    There are three private practice sessions earmarked for Friday July 17 (9:50am, 12:25am and 3:05pm) before one practice session on Saturday morning, July18 at 9:50am. A 20 minute qualifying session kicks off at 12:35pm and race one of 9 laps is scheduled for 3:40pm. There will be two further races on Sunday, July 19, again over 9 laps duration commencing at 11:29am and the second at 2:14pm.
    The Australian Manufacturers Championship, incorporating the Australian Production Car Championship for drivers, allows a wide-ranging list of vehicles sold in the domestic motor car market to take to the track and compete for a prestigious CAMS title. The two-pronged Championship awards the vehicle manufacturer, as well as the ultimately successful driver, over five rounds of action-packed racing. Five separate classes make up the Championship and provide one of the most electric fields of competitors in Australian motor sport. Incorporating High Performance vehicles all the way through to those running on Alternative Energy, the Australian Manufacturers Championship places style alongside muscle, ingenuity versus agility, and continent against continent. What ensues is intense racing.
    from Orange NSW

gutted in huntervalley all weekend would have loved this

presso my mobile 0410 486 246

Thanks TG,
    Planning to be at the track by 12:30pm. Have to drop the missus at the Blacktown Plaza first, that will keep her occupied for the rest of the day.

whats the cost for today

Not sure, Sunday is $20 so I expect Saturday to be cheaper.
    I thought I read somewhere that the paddock access is free.

Ok I will head over around 11ish