User Tag List

Thread: Mazda 6 MPS stand support points

1. Default Mazda 6 MPS stand support points

Hello from Scotland,

I have a Mazda 6 MPS I bought in 2006. I need to do some minor work underneath the back of the car but I've seen many ideas of where to put support stands, some not very convincing. If there are any mechanics here still knowing about the ancient 6 MPS then I'd be grateful for informed comment.

It'd be easiest to put them under the sills but I'd be worried this would pop the stupid plastic sill trim and as I found out last year the fasteners in the UK cost £150.

Hope you can help.

Cheers,
    Len

Blog Entries

Jack points would be the appropriate place to put stands, I believe.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
    Jack points would be the appropriate place to put stands, I believe.
    No doubt, but do you know where they are? That's something that would be helpful.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lennich View Post
    No doubt, but do you know where they are? That's something that would be helpful.
    The jacking points are in the manual. Specific point near each wheel well.
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/files/manua...nersManual.pdf
    I've done a bit of searching and I believe there's also some additional jacking points on the subframes. They won't be much good to you if you're dropping subframe though.
    "Blue Meanie" 2007 Aurora Blue MPS 3 - 18x8.5+44 SSR GTX01 - 235/40R18 Michelin PS5 - 3.5" ETS TMIC - CPE stg 2 mount - HKS/CPE BPV - 2XS inlet - 2XS short shift - Corksport turbo manifold - HT 98 octane tune - Leather/Aluminium handbrake - Momo shifty knob - 7" touchscreen - JDM Mazda Retractable dashtop screen assembly - Bespoke Raspberry Pi Android based GPS/Carplay and instrumentation - 36AH reserve battery and C-TEK isolator - TEIN Street Advanced coilovers 1" drop - Superpro bushings - 220Kw/410Nm.

"Lipstick" 2013 Velocity Red MPS 3 - 18x7.5+48 Enkei RPF1 -225/40R18 Federal RS-RR - CPE TMIC - COBB inlet - CPE stg 2 mount - COBB Stage 1 98 octane tune - COBB shifty knob - 2XS short shift - 2XS turbo manifold.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
    The jacking points are in the manual. Specific point near each wheel well.
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/files/manua...nersManual.pdf
    I've done a bit of searching and I believe there's also some additional jacking points on the subframes. They won't be much good to you if you're dropping subframe though.
    Thanks for the manual.

Problem with using the jacking points for stands is the supplied jack looks like it's designed to accomodate the welded seams. My stands would flatten them. And then there's the daft plastic sill trims to contend with.

It's a bit irritating but I think I'll admit defeat and let somewhere with a ramp sort things out.

Ta for the help.