User Tag List

Thread: Key fob not working

Default Key fob not working

Hey everyone

quick question for yas
    what have people done when there key fob doesn’t lock or unlock the car??
    The keys falling to bits anyways so would prefer to replace the whole unit but do i have to go thru mazda or can i just get a new fob and take it elsewhere appreciate any help

Blog Entries

This is usually the battery - replacing battery have always woken mine up.
    I have had BK fobs get to the point where they were barely usable giving trouble with ignition etc as well.
    I had the key, transponder chip and fob transplanted into a replacement housing by a locksmith.
    It's possible the transmitter for key fob is playing up - if that fails you'd need to encode a new one, and that would need to be run through a pairing process, but many locksmights can do this.
    I got the BK fob case replaced at a shopping center locksmith.

Try a few if they tell you it's real expensive. First one I saw told me it couldn't be done, absolutely had to be replaced and encoded like a brand new unit....was full of shit. His quote would have cost as much as new keys from Mazda. ($500 from memory)

Actual cost of replacement case was under $100 for two fobs, from memory.
    "Blue Meanie" 2007 Aurora Blue MPS 3 - 18x8.5+44 SSR GTX01 - 235/40R18 Michelin PS5 - 3.5" ETS TMIC - CPE stg 2 mount - HKS/CPE BPV - 2XS inlet - 2XS short shift - Corksport turbo manifold - HT 98 octane tune - Leather/Aluminium handbrake - Momo shifty knob - 7" touchscreen - JDM Mazda Retractable dashtop screen assembly - Bespoke Raspberry Pi Android based GPS/Carplay and instrumentation - 36AH reserve battery and C-TEK isolator - TEIN Street Advanced coilovers 1" drop - Superpro bushings - 220Kw/410Nm.

"Lipstick" 2013 Velocity Red MPS 3 - 18x7.5+48 Enkei RPF1 -225/40R18 Federal RS-RR - CPE TMIC - COBB inlet - CPE stg 2 mount - COBB Stage 1 98 octane tune - COBB shifty knob - 2XS short shift - 2XS turbo manifold.

Thanks nexus
    ill take it to a locksmith after i get a new fob wana avoid mazda as much as i can
    thanks again mate