User Tag List

Thread: Steedspeed Tubular Exhaust Manifold vs XSPower V3 Log Exhaust Manifold

Default Steedspeed Tubular Exhaust Manifold vs XSPower V3 Log Exhaust Manifold

Hi all,

im looking at changing my exhaust manifold and have the option between a Steedspeed one (now discontinued) or an XSPower. This is to match with my GTX2871r with stock flange. Has anyone had any experience with either? @SarcasticOne I saw your name somewhere about the steedspeed one.

steedspeed: https://www.streetunit.com/Steedspee...susteedmzr.htm

XSPower : http://xs-power.com/mazda-turbo-manifolds-5.htm

i prefer the look of the steedspeed one as it looks more cop friendly, haha.

Sarcastic one had nothing but issues with the Steed dur to how uneven the flow was, it performed better with the OEM. The XS power are hit and miss, alot have bad machined flange faces and don't seal, also welds crack on a lot of them, hence why they are cheap. If you could find a second hand Full Race or CPE brand would be ideal as they are great quality but very expensive brand new.

Actually i think CPE no longer make them which sucks as they were the best flowing out of any.

Thanks @shaneski, I did read that he said the OEM flowed better, but didn’t know any context behind it, or have any dyno sheets etc. was thinking of porting the flange of going down that route.

any idea at what point I should change from the OEM one?

The tubular ones really stick out once you pop the bonnet, haha.

The design of the steed looks more like an intake manifold. The distance from the end runner to where the turbo bolts on to the closest one is horrid and causes massive issues trying to tune it with the turbo surging all over the place.

Usually once you go Aux fueling and over 400whp an aftermarket manifold shows benefits, by then you should have a built motor with all the goodies on it for future proof. if you are stock block the OEM mani will make the exact same power as aftermarket as you will be tune limited so it doesn't blow up around the 370 on an e30 blend or a meth kit. 98 Fuel only then around 340whp no matter what manifold's you have on it.

If you want the car long term save the dollars for a built engine from Mitch 2NV, then you can add aux fueling and go over 400-800hp with ease with out worrying about it popping with turbo of choice.
    Last edited by shaneski; 02-10-2021 at 10:25 PM.
    MPS Gen 2 2012 - i think i have Ebola

Thanks so much Shaneski, cleared up a lot of things