User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: windscreen/Dash rattle

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Nice one Dan. Always fun to show up with something like this and watch them scratch their head in confusion!
    Yeah, it's the simple things I really enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Most welcome

Mine had dash rattle when about 1 year old and Mazda fixed it and has never come back in 3 years since.
    They said it was caused by loose air dash air vents.

Quote Originally Posted by zippymps3 View Post
    Mine had dash rattle when about 1 year old and Mazda fixed it and has never come back in 3 years since.
    They said it was caused by loose air dash air vents.
    hmm..didn't look at this...I'll take a closer look at mine.. thanks.
    Trying to keep it subtle ... | COBB AccessPort | COBB DP | CP-e HPFP | CorkSport TMIC | TurboSmart BPV | Denso ITV22| CorkSport Boost Tubes | SURE Full3 Aeros | SURE REM (Street) | SURE AGS SS Shift Knob | 2XS SSP + SURE CounterShift | Speedline Front Strut Brace | Whiteline RSB | Prima Paint Protection

Same here, it's the cowling apparently. Dealer indicated to me there has been a bulletin recently and it's a relatively easy fix.

Thanks, I'm going to get it looked at next service.

TrittyMPS, the link to the bulletin is a couple of posts up

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    TrittyMPS, the link to the bulletin is a couple of posts up

Yep thanks Dan.... Mazda AU apparently just issued one too.

Given Mazda AU has issued one, will they send a letter out in the post ?

i highly doubt it, but if u request them to have a look, they would do it regarding the cowling

I just started getting rattles someone where, I can't tell where! Sometimes it sounds like the steering wheel, and mostly sounds like its coming from the passenger side door!

If I take it to my local dealer will they be able to fix it? Any idea how much they charge?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyACT View Post
    I had a rattle coming from what I thought was the passenger door area. Turns out it was the plastic cover that covers the bolt that anchors the seatbelt to the floor. Took it off, put an adhesive felt dot on it but it back on and it does not move like it did before and no more rattle. Just a thought cause I reckon they will charge a bit to find it and I prefer to find it myself even if my car is under warranty.
    Yep, I had the same. I just took mine off lol
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

13. Default

I had the rattle from the dash where it was hard to pin point where it was coming from. I had tbe K-frame bushes replaced and it has seemed to have gone.

Oh the annoying cowl rattle. Funnily enough, it happens on my Gen 1 when the weather gets warm and not when it's cold like mentioned. I never heard it rattle throughout the whole of winter but since it's getting warmer now, the rattle is coming back

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12