User Tag List

Thread: Mps p0340

Default Mps p0340

Hi great brain trust,

My woes continue, as my car has thrown a P0340 code.

To give some background/details, the red 2005 Mazda 6 MPS has done 198000 odd kms, has had timing components, oil pump, thermostat, injector seals, fuel pressure relief valve, all changed, egr delete, injectors cleaned, new engine and diff mounts, heavy duty clutch, 3bar MAP sensor, GTX2871R, CPE TMIC, 3" SRI intake, Autotech HPFP Internals, Cobb AP v2 and going through a tune with Will at PD (BATS are too high atm, but thats a different story).

Anyways, car was running fine on the tune, seeing about 20psi and driven over 100kms. The other day while going onto the freeway, car started to sputter and the CEL came on. Looking at the Cobb, P0340 (Cam Position Sensor).

So cleared the code to see if any difference. The car revs freely under no load and will be fine as long as I stay off boost (so was changing gears at 3k to be safe). However, when I go on boost, the CEL comes back up and same symptoms.

I am not sure the exact amount of boost or Revs this happens, but was around 3,500 RPMS.

I am really at my wits end on this, so any input is appreciated.

It’s a continuous monitor, most likely an electrical contact issue. Can also be related to timing train misalignment.

The repair manuals should be in the VIP section, grab your multimeter and have a play