User Tag List

Thread: white smoke while driving!!need helpp

1. Default white smoke while driving!!need helpp

hello guys
    I just saw a 2006 Mazda 3 mps for sale that I was Interested in but the seller said it needs a new turbo as the car smokes white smoke while driving but fine while idlling.
    Any help with it is and how much it'll cost would be much appreciated.
    Thank you

2. Question Smoking turbo??

Hello guys

I wanted to buy a MPs Mazda 3 2006 but the seller says it is smoking white smoke.he reckons it's the turbo.i heard it's a common problem.
    If anyone could help me with what the problem might be and how much it'll cost approximately to fix it.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thank you.

Blog Entries

G'day. The basic test for turbo seal failure is smoke after a lengthy idle period such as 15 or 20 minutes. Smoke could be caused by various things, so not really safe to assume it's the turbo.
    Things to check are firstly turbo related - check turbo oil return isn't clogged up - if it is, that can cause oil to leak into exhaust or intake and get you smoke symptoms.
    Check intake - is there oil through the intercooler and intake manifold?
    I'm not a hands on mechanic so I'd have to suggest getting it professionally diagnosed. The things I know you'd want cleared are:
    Compression test, leakdown test, turbo oil return clear, and of course turbo itself.

I had a similar problem at 250,000Km on my BK. I swapped the engine out with a low Km BL engine and when we diagnosed the original engine found there was nothing much wrong with it but the turbo oil return was clogged up causing a lot of oil burn and all through intake and intercooler. That would have been a lot quicker to resolve than swapping an engine but on the other hand I got a low Km engine good for another 250,000Km

Good luck!
    "Blue Meanie" 2007 Aurora Blue MPS 3 - 18x8.5+44 SSR GTX01 - 235/40R18 Michelin PS5 - 3.5" ETS TMIC - CPE stg 2 mount - HKS/CPE BPV - 2XS inlet - 2XS short shift - Corksport turbo manifold - HT 98 octane tune - Leather/Aluminium handbrake - Momo shifty knob - 7" touchscreen - JDM Mazda Retractable dashtop screen assembly - Bespoke Raspberry Pi Android based GPS/Carplay and instrumentation - 36AH reserve battery and C-TEK isolator - TEIN Street Advanced coilovers 1" drop - Superpro bushings - 220Kw/410Nm.

"Lipstick" 2013 Velocity Red MPS 3 - 18x7.5+48 Enkei RPF1 -225/40R18 Federal RS-RR - CPE TMIC - COBB inlet - CPE stg 2 mount - COBB Stage 1 98 octane tune - COBB shifty knob - 2XS short shift - 2XS turbo manifold.

4. Default

Thanks Soo much, really appreciate the help.

So basically I'd have to check if there is any clog in the oil return and any oil leak.once again thanks for the info