User Tag List

Thread: New tyres

Default New tyres

The time has come for some new tyres and I am in a bit of a quandy.
    The original Bridgestones wore out at 28,000 and I replaced them with Kumho's which have now done about 34,000kms.

The car is bog standard and has only done 62,000 kms. Yep, it lives in the garage most of the time.
    It has the standard width 215/45/18's on original rims.
    If I fit 225/45/18's will I get any rubbing on the body etc?

Answers from those who have done it please.

Blog Entries

Hi. I'm assuming you've a BK 3 MPS running OEM wheels....225/45R18 are a good fit to OEM rims and won't rub on the body. I had the same size with OEM wheels (18x7+52.5) and Enkei RPFR1 (18x7.5+48) and never a problem with OEM wheels. I'd expect the same with OEM wheels on 6.

With the enkei at +48 offset needed a gentle guard roll to keep them off the guards in all circumstances however it was exceptionally rare for them to touch. The circumstance I remember they did was mid corner with a nudge at the inside rear by driving over a rock large enough to make a bump.
    "Blue Meanie" 2007 Aurora Blue MPS 3 - 18x8.5+44 SSR GTX01 - 235/40R18 Michelin PS5 - 3.5" ETS TMIC - CPE stg 2 mount - HKS/CPE BPV - 2XS inlet - 2XS short shift - Corksport turbo manifold - HT 98 octane tune - Leather/Aluminium handbrake - Momo shifty knob - 7" touchscreen - JDM Mazda Retractable dashtop screen assembly - Bespoke Raspberry Pi Android based GPS/Carplay and instrumentation - 36AH reserve battery and C-TEK isolator - TEIN Street Advanced coilovers 1" drop - Superpro bushings - 220Kw/410Nm.

"Lipstick" 2013 Velocity Red MPS 3 - 18x7.5+48 Enkei RPF1 -225/40R18 Federal RS-RR - CPE TMIC - COBB inlet - CPE stg 2 mount - COBB Stage 1 98 octane tune - COBB shifty knob - 2XS short shift - 2XS turbo manifold.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
    Hi. I'm assuming you've a BK 3 MPS running OEM wheels....225/45R18 are a good fit to OEM rims and won't rub on the body. I had the same size with OEM wheels (18x7+52.5) and Enkei RPFR1 (18x7.5+48) and never a problem with OEM wheels. I'd expect the same with OEM wheels on 6.

With the enkei at +48 offset needed a gentle guard roll to keep them off the guards in all circumstances however it was exceptionally rare for them to touch. The circumstance I remember they did was mid corner with a nudge at the inside rear by driving over a rock large enough to make a bump.
    Thanks for that....I should have said that it is a MPS 6 with OEM rims.