User Tag List

Thread: Better Handling MPS 6

Default Better Handling MPS 6

Hi everybody (in Dr.Nicks voice from the Simpsons),

Finally getting the car back on the road, but wanting to see what can be to give better grip and handling on the MPS 6. Atm, I have rear sway bar and looking to get the alignment mod fix done. But seeing what coilovers people are running, any other handling mods, what alternatives to the SPC Balljoints, etc.

Thanks for the input.

Mine has Bilstein B6 shocks with Ebiach springs. With about a 25mm drop. Running on Gen 1 RX-8 rims, so 18x8 with 235/40/18 Re003s. Can't remember if it has any sway bars or the like, I find it handles well enough, it does need some bracing as there is wallow when charging into corners which is not present in my Peugeot. (But that has to do with the near 300kg weight difference as well)

What do you find is wrong with the handling? Do you want sharper turn in? Or less body roll?

No issue as such with handling, just wanting it a bit tighter, I prefer to setup my car for auto-x type handling

Ahh yeah fair enough then.
    I might try to front and rear strut braces. See if they can get rid of some of the wallow.

Let me know if you find a good set up.

Haha, I actually have front strut bar (does nothing) and rear sway bar (24mm), but now looking at a group buy for subframe braces, tierods, rear and mid braces, rear strut, camber and sway bar links. Also hopefully looking at Ceika coilovers