User Tag List

Thread: New Member Brisbane (need help)

Post New Member Brisbane (need help)

Hey Guys and Girls, just got myself a 2005 Mazda 6 MPS in black. Its got 125xxxkms on it and has just had its major service 3 months ago but then all of sudden the transmission wont go into gears easy. You don't have to push down the reverse gate to put it into reverse, it'll just go straight in. It wont go into gears easy at all, unless you rev match it perfectly. With the clutch in sitting at lights it will only go into Reverse. 1st 4th and 5th.

I Can't narrow it down to if its shifter cables, Selector bushes or even the transmission.

I am just wondering who is the best person to see in Brisbane about 6 MPS's as I don't have too much money to put on this and will get one shot at fixing this.

Cheers. :smiley:

Blog Entries

G'day - if the shifter linkages etc all check out OK, I'd be preparing to swap the gearbox. One thing jumping out from what you've said is it's behaving as though the reverse lockout is permanently pushed down. Does the shifter move down when you push down on it? If not can you pull it up? I'm not enough of a mechanic to know, but I'm thinking the reverse lockout mechanism might be the whole problem.