User Tag List

Thread: Mps compression results

1. Default Mps compression results

Hey Guys n Gals
    So i have a mazda 6 mps, done about 170k kms and recently did a compression test to check if the motor is good enough to handle some performance mods such as fmic, downpipe, and a aftermarket turbo. Anyway results came back as 150,145,155,150. I know the standard compression ratio is around 180,180,180,180. I know for more performance, probably gonna need to rebuild the engine but it is decent enough compression for a stock?
    Thanks heaps

Not the best results, it wouldn’t be advisable to go ahead on modifications before addressing those issues.

gen1 engines should be around 185-190psi.

If you can have cylinder leakage tests performed also that may might give you a little more info.

Quote Originally Posted by CRIXUSMPS6 View Post
    Hey Guys n Gals
    So i have a mazda 6 mps, done about 170k kms and recently did a compression test to check if the motor is good enough to handle some performance mods such as fmic, downpipe, and a aftermarket turbo. Anyway results came back as 150,145,155,150. I know the standard compression ratio is around 180,180,180,180. I know for more performance, probably gonna need to rebuild the engine but it is decent enough compression for a stock?
    Thanks heaps
    Every man should have a V8 ute.....with a Chev badge.....and a Southern Cross sticker! Mods? What mods?

Quote Originally Posted by CRIXUSMPS6 View Post
    Hey Guys n Gals
    Thanks heaps
    Hi, how did you do your compression test, was it cold, warm, wet or dry, etc?