User Tag List

Thread: Buying my first 3 mps Need opinions on it and advice please

1. Default Buying my first 3 mps Need opinions on it and advice please

Hey everyone first post here

im looking at this 2006 mps (Link below). I have done a lot of research and I’m considering this car can anybody who has an 06 3mps tell me their opinion on this car and is it worth considering? Thanks!

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/warwick/cars-vans-utes/mazda-3-mps-turbo-hatch/1249336954?utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content= ios_VIP&utm_medium=social&utm_source=com.apple.uik it.activity.copytopasteboard

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon96 View Post
    Hey everyone first post here

im looking at this 2006 mps (Link below). I have done a lot of research and I’m considering this car can anybody who has an 06 3mps tell me their opinion on this car and is it worth considering? Thanks!

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/warwick/cars-vans-utes/mazda-3-mps-turbo-hatch/1249336954?utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content= ios_VIP&utm_medium=social&utm_source=com.apple.uik it.activity.copytopasteboard
    Hi Brandon, welcome to the forum, and congrats on the decision to get a MPS.

There is a lot to consider when getting a car like an MPS, such as what your plans for it, the condition of the car and if there is any mods.

Having a look at just the ad (an in person inspection is really the way to tell) I would be careful as there an exhaust and intake mod, but no HPFP upgrade mentioned, this can lead to issues. Direct injection motors operate slightly different from your other motors, being they can operate more efficiently but also means the modification path is different from that of a skyline (as an example)

There is a bunch of resources here and a wealth of knowledge, so feel free to say hi in the New Members Area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Default

Thanks for the response, I have since decided against the mps in the advertisement for that exact reason (No HPFP internals) I have found another mps in red with absolutely no modifications what so ever owned by and older couple (wife’s car) upgrading to an rs3 so perfect reason for sale. They have flawless logbooks and absolutely perfect condition no marks or damage mechanically perfect and still has all the little bits such as mps floor mats, owners manual and case etc. it’s an 06 at 135000 km and I’m extremely satisfied and incredibly excited to join the mps club officially. My dream car is finally becoming a reality and the car has been purchased and I’m picking it up Tuesday! I’ve decided to keep the car stock because of how perfect and original condition it is, it wouldn’t make sense for me to molest such a rare find. I don’t have confidence that I have the financial room to make a quality build out of it with modifications so would like to keep it stock and use it as a secondary car and keep up with services and maintain such a gem of a car. Litterally one of the most happiest moment of my life. My license was delayed 4 years due to epilepsy and I have recently come of p plates at the age of 24 so time to make up for some lost time. All the smiles over here