User Tag List

Thread: Current tune

Default Current tune

Hey guys

Few questions ive decided to drop another motor in my 6 instead of buying a 3 and have thort of a few issuess i might have after i pYed for the motor

I got a 2009 bl motor with 120000 on it

My questions are i plan t9 put my front mount air intake 3port boost controller map sensor egr delete pretty much everything over to the new engine so i can remain on yhe current tune i have but ive relised that blown motor has and upgraded cam so im thinkn i wont be able to run this tune without the cam upgrade??

When plugging my ap into yhe lappy i see that rayd has tuned it so can i contact him in regards to getting sent a tune with out the cam upgrade??

Last question if i cant run the tune without the cam can i stage 3 ots it till i can raise the money for cam removal and refit into the new engine

Sorry for the novel just after some advice as motor getting put in next week i hope

Also forgot to add blown motor has an upgraded tyrbo where is new turbo has stock k04 im not to sure on the condition of the blown motors turbo so bit reluctant to bolt that on but if i did would ots stage 3 accommodate for the turbo swap

Thanks guys

Blog Entries

G'day and welcome.

A few thoughts - At the very least you should do a retune. Your rayd tune accounts for the cam, so running it without the cam may be an issue. Rayd may be able to take the existing tune and adjust it to minimise cost but I'm definately not seeing an OTS tune or running the custom tune without the cam as being safe.

I'd get in contact with rayd and ask his advice what the minimum cost option is going forward is. By the sound of it, an adjusted tune to account for the OEM cam would be the way to go...even if you get the cam installed straight away a retune is advisable.

Cheers, hope you have a relatively painless swap.

If you keep the OEM intake and turbo then a Stage 1+ OTS tune is about aggressive as you can go and probably be safe. Even that is taking some risk. OTS tunes aren't a good idea with significant mod sets.

If you've got the OEM parts for airbox, turbo and downpipe I would use them and bring it back to life on an OEM tune, then investigate getting it back to the spec you want

James
    "Blue Meanie" 2007 Aurora Blue MPS 3 - 18x8.5+44 SSR GTX01 - 235/40R18 Michelin PS5 - 3.5" ETS TMIC - CPE stg 2 mount - HKS/CPE BPV - 2XS inlet - 2XS short shift - Corksport turbo manifold - HT 98 octane tune - Leather/Aluminium handbrake - Momo shifty knob - 7" touchscreen - JDM Mazda Retractable dashtop screen assembly - Bespoke Raspberry Pi Android based GPS/Carplay and instrumentation - 36AH reserve battery and C-TEK isolator - TEIN Street Advanced coilovers 1" drop - Superpro bushings - 220Kw/410Nm.

"Lipstick" 2013 Velocity Red MPS 3 - 18x7.5+48 Enkei RPF1 -225/40R18 Federal RS-RR - CPE TMIC - COBB inlet - CPE stg 2 mount - COBB Stage 1 98 octane tune - COBB shifty knob - 2XS short shift - 2XS turbo manifold.

If it's a different engine i'd start from scratch with the tune. Difference in compression/wear etc can have an effect. One tune may be great on one engine, especially advanced ignition timing, run it on another engine and it cause fatal knock or over boosting.

It would be wise to start from the beginning before test driving. The base tune you began with that matches your intake system should get you out of trouble as far as maneuvering the vehicle and primary checks following the engine install.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajb86n View Post
    Hey guys

Few questions ive decided to drop another motor in my 6 instead of buying a 3 and have thort of a few issuess i might have after i pYed for the motor

I got a 2009 bl motor with 120000 on it

My questions are i plan t9 put my front mount air intake 3port boost controller map sensor egr delete pretty much everything over to the new engine so i can remain on yhe current tune i have but ive relised that blown motor has and upgraded cam so im thinkn i wont be able to run this tune without the cam upgrade??

When plugging my ap into yhe lappy i see that rayd has tuned it so can i contact him in regards to getting sent a tune with out the cam upgrade??

Last question if i cant run the tune without the cam can i stage 3 ots it till i can raise the money for cam removal and refit into the new engine

Sorry for the novel just after some advice as motor getting put in next week i hope
    Every man should have a V8 ute.....with a Chev badge.....and a Southern Cross sticker! Mods? What mods?

hey guys thanks for the replys appreciate any input on the matter at hand.

so for arguments sake as im thinking im not able to afford a custom tune right now and need the car running to get the kids to kindy and myself to work with the engine i got was pretty much bare no top mount no air intake or dump pipe i was gona put on my 3.5 intake hdi front mount keep the down pipe that come with the cork sports turbo back exhaust 3.5 bar map sensor jbr 3port boost solinoid maybe egr delete kit hpfp (if the can be reused) and the oil catch can.keep the turbo and cam install till im ready for a custom tune

Untill i can raise the funds for a tune could i use a cobb ots to get buy on these mods as i dont have the standard parts to put in there placce.

im about to email ray to see what options i have in ways of a custom tune for the 6.

Also i unmarried my ap with the 6 as i was thinking of selling it start of last week ive plugged it in to the lappy and seen the tune from rays still there theres 4 of them i think am i correct in saying ap has put the stock tune back on the car??

Sorry for the noob questions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajb86n View Post
    hey guys thanks for the replys appreciate any input on the matter at hand.

so for arguments sake as im thinking im not able to afford a custom tune right now and need the car running to get the kids to kindy and myself to work with the engine i got was pretty much bare no top mount no air intake or dump pipe i was gona put on my 3.5 intake hdi front mount keep the down pipe that come with the cork sports turbo back exhaust 3.5 bar map sensor jbr 3port boost solinoid maybe egr delete kit hpfp (if the can be reused) and the oil catch can.keep the turbo and cam install till im ready for a custom tune

Untill i can raise the funds for a tune could i use a cobb ots to get buy on these mods as i dont have the standard parts to put in there placce.

im about to email ray to see what options i have in ways of a custom tune for the 6.

Also i unmarried my ap with the 6 as i was thinking of selling it start of last week ive plugged it in to the lappy and seen the tune from rays still there theres 4 of them i think am i correct in saying ap has put the stock tune back on the car??

Sorry for the noob questions
    The parts i have highlighted in your comment can't be used with out a custom tune, larger than stock intake needs a MAF calibration( the car probably won't even start with 3.5 intake on an OTS tune, 3.5 map sensor needs specific values entered into the tune or the ecu won't read what boost it's putting in then go boom. 3 port boost solenoid needs custom wastegate and boost tuning done, egr delete will throw an engine light unless turned off via tune.
    MPS Gen 2 2012 - i think i have Ebola

Appericate the help ill start saving up for a tune thanks shaneski