User Tag List

Thread: Mps 6 to mps 3 interchangeable parts

Default Mps 6 to mps 3 interchangeable parts

Hey guys
    Hope im posting in the right spot
    Im curious as to what parts can come of a mps 6 and fit on a 3 mps
    Reason i ask is my 6 just shat itself (low compression) and im thinkn of getting a 3 for the boot space pram dog etc however my six had some nice hardware on it coilovers exhaust turbo front mount intake cobb ap
    im wondering if i can bolt some of these on so dont have to rebuy in the future any info is greatly appreciated

Blog Entries

turbo and frontmount should be OK. Intake I'm not sure - may or may not depending on size, maybe. OEM turbo inlet same I think....
    frontmount can prob make work with some custom piping
    Cobb AP....I don't see any hard issues moving between 6 and 3 as long as unmarried of course. Soft issues (software lock to 6 or 3) could still be a roadblock - research that with Cobb if it's not in the forum archives, I'd say.
    Coilies - I'd be surprised. I know BK to BL three they are transferable with one bolt size difference. Maybe a trivial change needed? Can't say off top of my head. Short answer no, long answer maybe if you.....
    Exhaust definately not. Even downpipe is different I think.

I was lucky when my BK3 was up for reconditioning (250,000K, burning oil) I got a very low K BL engine and swapped out. I would consider that kind of minimum $ solution to a bad compression scenario if there's still low K engines around. I'm hoping to see 500000K on BK before I need to seriously think about that again.

I'm going to sticky this thread because I'd like to build a reference area for questions like this at some point.
    "Blue Meanie" 2007 Aurora Blue MPS 3 - 18x8.5+44 SSR GTX01 - 235/40R18 Michelin PS5 - 3.5" ETS TMIC - CPE stg 2 mount - HKS/CPE BPV - 2XS inlet - 2XS short shift - Corksport turbo manifold - HT 98 octane tune - Leather/Aluminium handbrake - Momo shifty knob - 7" touchscreen - JDM Mazda Retractable dashtop screen assembly - Bespoke Raspberry Pi Android based GPS/Carplay and instrumentation - 36AH reserve battery and C-TEK isolator - TEIN Street Advanced coilovers 1" drop - Superpro bushings - 220Kw/410Nm.

"Lipstick" 2013 Velocity Red MPS 3 - 18x7.5+48 Enkei RPF1 -225/40R18 Federal RS-RR - CPE TMIC - COBB inlet - CPE stg 2 mount - COBB Stage 1 98 octane tune - COBB shifty knob - 2XS short shift - 2XS turbo manifold.

Awesome thanks nexus

I had a feeling most of the stuff wouldnt but needed confirmation before pulling the trigger on a new buy i really like the 6 and want to find another one but theres more 3s for sale at the moment and time is my biggest issue right now

Thanks again Nexus

You can also go to an online shop such as Edge Autosport https://edgeautosport.com/ and compare part numbers between different models.

Shaneski gold idea thanks man