User Tag List

Thread: Miss my Mazda 6 MPS. Thinking of 'downgrading' to it. Should I do it?

1. Default Miss my Mazda 6 MPS. Thinking of 'downgrading' to it. Should I do it?

A few cars ago, I owned a 2006 Mazda 6 MPS and it was my favourite car. I've since had a Ford XR6 Turbo, BM3 320d and now a Mazda 3 SP25 (2015).

I still to this day look back and wish I never sold it, I find myself regretting that sale more and more lately, so now I am toying with the idea of 'downgrading' to it. It was seriously ahead of it's time in terms of package offering... leather seats, turbo, sunroof, electric seats, bose audio, AWD, halogen headlights (my current car doesn't even have these!).

I really am missing the thrill of feeling like I am actually driving a car, my current set up is giving me zero thrills or satisfaction, it's just an A-B ride and nothing more. I miss manual transmission too!

I would be able to pick one up in decent condition, with low-ish KMs (90-120,000) for about $9-12K. My current car should be able to be sold for around $15K or $16K. Not having bluetooth audio, and a reverse camera would bug me though - does anyone know how difficult / costly it is to get a kit installed?

Should I do it?!?!

Cheers.

Yeah! You’ve already talked yourself into anyway!

3. Default

Well I've got one which I may be selling . . . but it's in Edinburgh, Scotland :-) (Black 2006 bought new. Done about 110,000 miles)

Anyway, I've never fittted a reverse camera but for Bluetooth audio I got a wee device that gets power from the lighter socket and broadcasts what you send it onto an FM frequency so you can listen through the radio. It was quite cheap.