User Tag List

Thread: 2010 bl 6mt p2243

1. Default 2010 bl 6mt p2243

Hi All,

I am in a real spot of bother, being a non DIY person

I own a 2010 BL Neo 6 MT.

The car was recently serviced at the dealer.

A major service was done: Spark plugs, brake fluid, gear oil etc.

3 weeks after the major service, the CEL appeared.

Called NRMA who did a test and stated that it is a P2243.

The car feels sluggish, there is lack of acceleration in gears. In 3rd gear, when I floor it (the pedal touches the carpet), it doesn’t go past 3000rpm.
    In the past, it would happily rev to the redline.

By replacing the o2 sensor, would this solve the problem, or is there a larger cat converter issue at play? How do i know that the dealer didnt mess anything up?

The dealer wanted a $140 diagnostic fee so I decided to opt for a local mechanic instead.

1 Local mech said that by clearing the light and changing to 95 RON, see what happens. with the tank being half full, i changed fuel, and the car was still sluggish even on 95

I’ve always been using 91 RON.

I mean the dealer simply charges you for an OBD port reading, or is the diagnostic more than that?

appreciate your reply.

thanks

Blog Entries

Searching on that code suggests it's an open circuit - that may not be a faulty sensor as such it could be a loose wiring connector, corrosion within the connector, a broken wire. I would have an auto electrician give the o2 sensor loom a once over. should be a relatively quick thing for them to check. If the loom appears to be 100% OK then it could be the O2 sensor.

Disclaimer - I'm not a mechanic or auto sparky, but that's how I'm interpreting the fault code and info I can find on it.
    "Blue Meanie" 2007 Aurora Blue MPS 3 - 18x8.5+44 SSR GTX01 - 235/40R18 Michelin PS5 - 3.5" ETS TMIC - CPE stg 2 mount - HKS/CPE BPV - 2XS inlet - 2XS short shift - Corksport turbo manifold - HT 98 octane tune - Leather/Aluminium handbrake - Momo shifty knob - 7" touchscreen - JDM Mazda Retractable dashtop screen assembly - Bespoke Raspberry Pi Android based GPS/Carplay and instrumentation - 36AH reserve battery and C-TEK isolator - TEIN Street Advanced coilovers 1" drop - Superpro bushings - 220Kw/410Nm.

"Lipstick" 2013 Velocity Red MPS 3 - 18x7.5+48 Enkei RPF1 -225/40R18 Federal RS-RR - CPE TMIC - COBB inlet - CPE stg 2 mount - COBB Stage 1 98 octane tune - COBB shifty knob - 2XS short shift - 2XS turbo manifold.