User Tag List

Thread: 20 Year-Old Posts Video Of Hoonage On Facebook, Loses Second Car To The Law

Blog Entries

Default 20 Year-Old Posts Video Of Hoonage On Facebook, Loses Second Car To The Law

A 20 YEAR-OLD Castlemaine man has become the first person to lose not one, but two cars to Victoria’s tough new anti-hoon laws.

Earlier this year Peter Black posted video and photos of himself on Facebook doing burnouts on a country road, and, after a member of the public alerted police to the video evidence, he was forced to relinquish the keys to his $21,000 Ford ute.

It’s the second vehicle that Black has had permanently confiscated and the latest in a long string of driving-related offences for the man. His case also raises the issue of whether confiscating the cars of ‘hoon’ drivers is an effective countermeasure against hard-core hooning.

So far over 8000 cars have been impounded under the anti-hoon legislation since it was introduced in 2006, including over 1500 cars this year. But, as the now-chastened Mr Black has demonstrated, it doesn’t eliminate a hoon’s ability to re-offend.

Police however are confident that the strategy is working.

“It really does send a clear message to would-be hoon drivers that not only do we have the support of the public, we also have the support of the magistrates when it comes to getting these menaces off the road,” said Senior-Constable Grant Healy of the Castlemaine police.

“Police are removing around 50 dangerous drivers from our roads every week which can only make it safer for other drivers.”

[Source: The Motor Report]
    2014 Mk7 Golf R | DSG | Reflex Silver | Leather | Drive Assist | Bi-Xenon Headlights
    1981 Lincoln Town Car | Auto | 80s Cream | 90s brown interior | 5.0L V8 | Currently no working headlights

Blog Entries

If the system works then I'm all for it...but he was pretty dumb posting it up on facebook

The guy is very dumb for posting on facebook. But then again for someone to go to his facebook view his pics/movies and then call the cops.....i say get a life. Unless it was the cops monitoring him. But if it was one of his mates. or a mate of a mate, youd want to find them and beat them.

Blog Entries

Well he already had a record for the stuff so I say he might have had someone watching over his shoulder haha

Blog Entries

Saw this on TV last night- I think the lesson to learn here is just be careful what you post on the net, as sooner or later as we have seen many times it just might come back and bite you in the arse.

By the time he's 25 he would have grown out of hooning - but has a huge debt to repay for all the vehicles confiscated!

He'll grow up sooner or later.

youd think by 25. I know a few people well over that age who are still being hoon-ish on the roads.

Heard a good one the other day. My uncle was telling me he got his kingswood airborne over the gladesville bridge in sydney. This bridge probably goes up at 10degrees from horizontal. and i dont even think a Veyron could get airborne over it going at 400

8. Default

This Police stuff has gone too far, Its to hard for them to catch harden crim's so they pick on young drivers that don't know their laws.

Is this the same Story? Arm, licence lost, but still hooning | The Courier-Mail

I think that tool needs to lose his license for a good few years!

If you're that lacking in intelligence that you actually post your stunts on FB etc and expect no one to notice or not do anything, then hey you deserve the punishment and more - lobotomy anyone

Still.. permanent loss of vehicle? Not sure I agree with that.. these hoon laws can be twisted almost anyway they want..
    Loss of license yes, deserved though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Still.. permanent loss of vehicle? Not sure I agree with that.. these hoon laws can be twisted almost anyway they want..
    Loss of license yes, deserved though.
    Loss of license I can agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by mpsgarage View Post
    This Police stuff has gone too far, Its to hard for them to catch harden crim's so they pick on young drivers that don't know their laws.
    Here in QLD it makes me feel as though we should all be mindless automatons. Of course we aren't and we can never improve the road tolls beyond a certain point expecting people to be something other that human. But we do expect people to be perfect behind the wheel.

High time we recognized that road quality plays an enormous role. A US push to improve roads and increase speed limits was opposed with a "every k over is a killer" type campaign. What do you know when the roads were done, there was a 30% road toll reduction and "every k over is a killer" was declared to be "a gross assault on the truth."

Education is the answer, I believe. We should harden up and create a driver schooling industry. That's proper driving skills, obviously with an focus on defensive driving, but experience most people learn from the hard way. Sweden/Norway (?) take a training approach if I recall correctly specifically because their terrain and roads are just a bit insane.

Training, training, training, roads, roads roads. Time we heard about them alongside the latest road toll figures and pleas for people to obey the rules.

Who knows. If you engage people interactively in the process instead of expecting them to be passively compliant, they might respond better.

Whoo-ee! What a can of worms these types of discussions open up!
    Now for my two-cents!
    I believe that if you are dumb enough to get caught doing something illegal, it's time to man-up and take whatever is coming your way.
    I reckon a great deal of these young people who get fined, cars confisctaed etc, do not make thier plights any better as they usually get lippy with the officer/s that have pulled them up.
    Police are still people like you and me, and they have a swine of a job to do - gotta say, I'd start looking for things to fine someone over if some up-start was getting stuck into me...
    As for actually posting stuff where the whole world can see it...the moment you make something permanent, you're screwed! What a dumb-arse...

Like my Old Man always said to me growing up "If you've done nothing wrong, you've got nothing to fear"
    Good pearls I always thought, will be telling my lidz that as well.

As mentioned across the road
    The media needs to STOP showing the cars and their drivers for the publicity factor
    Fair enough, make a report but dont go showing footage of car doing nuts etc

On this topic, dobbed someone in on the Hoon Hotline this morning - first time for me.
    I'm normally a "Live and Let Live" kinda guy, but what I saw this morning both horrified and enraged me to the point where I had to act.
    This yobbo in a really nice Chrysler Regal endangered other people's lives (including my own) on 3 separate occasions in less than 15 minutes - 3 strikes and you're out buddy!

If they confiscate his car, I'm gonna ask if I can have it

As I explained to the officer taking the report, I don't normally act on seeing someone do a burnout, or display some spirited driving - but this was just down-right dangerous.
    Plus, it's knob-ends like that who give the rest of us classic car drivers a bad name!

major fail for posting on fb!!

whata douche!!
    like phil says... FAIL