User Tag List

Thread: Timing chain kit service. And engine/transmission mount

1. Unhappy Timing chain kit service. And engine/transmission mount

Hello I bought an mps about two weeks ago. My clutch has started to slip and fail on me so today I took it to a mechanic to get a quote. WOW ! So expensive but needs to be done $2200 for exedy heavy duty clutch and installation. (Cheapest price I got for a supply and install). Being there the mechanic has told me that the timing chain area is making an abnormal ticking sound and that it’s a very common issue. He advised I go to MRT Performance for the service. So I did and they quoted me $2500 ! A few people have told me that the noise is harmless and normal and a few people have told me that it should be fixed before it blows out and causes more problems. Lastly next to the battery on the passenger side there’s a little mount that stops the gearbox from playing around. When I bought it the owners pointed me out to it and showed me the rubber is worn. is this why the car kind of jumps when I take off quickly ? IF so what is a good mount. I know that’s a lot to bare but I’m very concerned. My mps in two weeks could potentially cost me more than half of what I actually bought the car for.

Timing chain
    engine/transmission mount

Blog Entries

re: engine mounts - for street use I recommend CPE Stage 2 rear engine mount and other mounts OEM (including gearbox mount), but that's just me. Aftermarket mounts across the board may prove very vibey.
    re: timing chain - how many Ks does it have? BK MPS this is an issue around 100,000K, BL not so much (a component was hardened) - what year is your MPS? BK or BL?