User Tag List

Thread: Mazda 3MPS air issue

1. Default Mazda 3MPS air issue

Hi first post here

My wife bought a 06 Mazda MPS 3

Its had a few issues with it been understeered into a gutter or something that has been fixed

When she got it it had the airbox open(half of it off and the rest was in the back seat of the car) it ran really well and was really quick, She got it serviced and got the airbox cover put back on.

the car had a tune by the previous and now runs very restricted with the airbox back to stock. I cant work out how to get it back to half with the air pressure sensor still plugged in(it throws a code when you unlplug it)

Is there a know mod or can anyone explain how to return it back to how it was. It seems the turbo just cant suck enough air to run now.

I dont think there was a pod filter on it, it was just half open.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as trying to avoid a full retune at over $1k

Blog Entries

Can you provide some before and after pictures? the half-airbox idea sounds quite dodgy.

3. Default

Hey mate thanks for the reply unfortunately no before pics and it's back to stock now. It never threw any codes so it did have half the box in can't work out if it was the top half or bottom half

4. Default

Fixed it was boost leaks when the guy put the airbox back on must have pulled some hoses ect. A few mechanics/dyno places(not many in adelaide so you can work out the main ones) looked at it and just said it need a tune and would be $1300 Sam at AJF motors fixed it easily for bugger all$. He turbos and superchargers a lot of cars in Adelaide so can definitely recommend