User Tag List

Thread: 2019: MPS owner check in

Default 2019: MPS owner check in

Hi all,

I've not logged on here for some time, how is everybody's MPS tracking along? Last year, my 2006 Gen 1 MPS3 had a long block rebuild @ 170K, new 10" XTRONS Android headunit installed, and it's ticking along great. For what is now a 12/13 year old car, aesthetically the paintwork and internals remain excellent and apart from said engine rebuild I hope to hold on to it for a while longer. The performance of the car still shocks me at times!

The price of MPS seems to vary a lot now they're > 10 year old. Seems a shitty one can fetch as little as $6K, while Gen 2s still try to command high $10 - low $20s.

How is your MPS tracking, check in here!

JB

Blog Entries

My next service will be 300,000K on my 2007 BK. I swapped the engine out with a very low K BL unit at 255,000K, put all the mods back....am hoping to do a GTX2867 swap at some point in near(ish) future. Funds permitting . Front wheel bearings still holding up after all those K's but planning to swap them out within 20,000K....I consider it a bruiser rather than my BL which is more a cruiser - and I'm conserving the K's on it - still under 100,000K. I paid 25K for my BL with 12months factory warranty still on it between two and three years ago...
    "Blue Meanie" 2007 Aurora Blue MPS 3 - 18x8.5+44 SSR GTX01 - 235/40R18 Michelin PS5 - 3.5" ETS TMIC - CPE stg 2 mount - HKS/CPE BPV - 2XS inlet - 2XS short shift - Corksport turbo manifold - HT 98 octane tune - Leather/Aluminium handbrake - Momo shifty knob - 7" touchscreen - JDM Mazda Retractable dashtop screen assembly - Bespoke Raspberry Pi Android based GPS/Carplay and instrumentation - 36AH reserve battery and C-TEK isolator - TEIN Street Advanced coilovers 1" drop - Superpro bushings - 220Kw/410Nm.

"Lipstick" 2013 Velocity Red MPS 3 - 18x7.5+48 Enkei RPF1 -225/40R18 Federal RS-RR - CPE TMIC - COBB inlet - CPE stg 2 mount - COBB Stage 1 98 octane tune - COBB shifty knob - 2XS short shift - 2XS turbo manifold.

That's impressive, Nexus - and a credit to the NVH of these cars remaining decent after all the KMs and conditions they're driven in.

Owners of hot hatches seem to switch their cars frequently to the next big thing, but good to see some of us are still around.

My 2009 BL is still holding up after >140k. Lots of rattles and harshness, but I blame that on the stiff engine mounts and country roads! Had front control arms and strut bearings replaced recently as they were stuffed.

Engine, turbo, and clutch still going strong even when tuned at 20psi and beaten on a fair bit. Hope to get a few more years out of it before I upgrade to something like the mk8 Golf R (if it turns out to be any good!).

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Haha - jinxed it. got my first ever CEL on BK today. P0421 - probably the catalytic converter has had it. Damn might have to do a catted downpipe and retune. Maybe GTX while I'm at it.

Mines coming to the grave with me BL 2012. Car has done near 120,000 and feels solid as interior wise. MCA coil overs gave it the comfy ride of a new car handles like it's on rails...Had the engine forged by Mitch Allen of 2NV industries around 5 years ago with a GTX3076 set up..Recently had him fit a precision 6062 and port injection set up with a lot of custom fab work and wiring
    Southbend clutch that has been in it for 70,000k decided to play up just last Wednesday with either throw out bearing or pressure plate giving in not allowing me to engage gears has halted the tuning process at the moment...Lucky i bought a spare brand new one a few years back when Edge had a massive discount, so we can get back to tuning soon.
    I just love driving the car, always have. Driven just about around the Country from Sydney to Perth via Southern Coast of Aus. been to brisbane many times...need to do a north QLD scenic drive and Tasmania drive.
    MPS Gen 2 2012 - i think i have Ebola