User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jason's Gen 2 Build

1. Default

Spent some time this weekend shaping and bending sheet metal into dress up parts for the engine bay. Very pleased with the results.

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk

2. Default

Compression test completed today with 3600km's on the engine since build.

Cyl 1 - 170psi, Cyl 2 - 170psi, Cyl 3 - 175psi, Cyl 4 - 175psi

Spark plugs also look good. Sooty, but safe.

3. Default

Quick little update. Welded on some new exhaust tips and fabbed up a fire extinguisher bracket:

4. Default

Just had an awesome easter weekend, heading to Luddenham Raceway with some mates on the Saturday. The Mazda performed very well for the first three sessions, then would refuse to make boost past 14psi (targetting 20psi). I initially thought it was a boost leak, and so made a tested to pressurize the system. I found a few leaks at the silicone couplers at the inlet and exit of the intercooler, but upon fixing those yielded no success.

After reading a post on the Mazdaspeed forums I decided to check the secondary cat (I have a catless downpipe mated to the stock exhaust). It looked blocked and pieces of it fell out when i removed it, so I gutted it and sure enough, 20psi again!

5. Default

Another update: spent a couple of nights with the tools and my mig welder, and custom fitted/fabricated a Magnaflow 100cpi cat into the stock secondary cat location following the original cat's collapse.

6. Default

Been a while since I've posted here. New update, went to the drags, 13.6 best ET. New front splitter (eBay special), slotted rotors front and rear, AEM wideband failsafe.

7. Default

Latest update:
    A few more mods under the hood. Bought a GReddy Profec Boost controller, installed and working great. AFR's and KR are in check. Boost taper seriously aggressive now haha

Fitted a used GFB Response BOV. I have this a return before installation (clean, fresh grease etc.)

Bought two Sailun Atrezzo semi slicks in preparation for the next drag event. 265/35/18 (only just clears the struts).

Removed the VCTS butterflies and ported/polished the manifold while I was in there. Noticable increase in top end, but yet to compare logs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12