User Tag List

Thread: BAD vibrations - help pls!!

Default BAD vibrations - help pls!!

OK, so I have been getting worse and worse and worse vibrations through the whole car at Idle and on the move and at all RPM ranges. The vibs have the same frequency as the engine rpms

So far Mazda have replaced the drivers side engine mount and the fuel pump to no avail.

The vibration is "in the engine bay". Depressing the clutch makes no difference at all - moving or at standstill so we have elimiated everything behind the flywheel.

Mazda are clueless.

Anyone have any ideas or experienced this before?

EQ
    Last edited by EQ; 05-07-2009 at 02:12 PM.
    Faster than swallowtails Passat...and it has a letterbox

Didn't Mazda do some work on your car which preceded this?

Yep. Transfer case and rear diff. I've been back there 3 times now and they cant fix it.

FRUSTRATED isnt the word. I have quite honestly given up on mazda solving it as they have no idea, everytime they fix something they say, yep we drove it and its ok, so, i drive away and its still there, call them the next day and they "have another look".

Does anyone have any ideas?

I've been where you are now for over two years with Mazda unable to resolve the 6th gear resonant vibration. These cars seem to be highly sensitive to complex harmonics. It's all too easy to make them unhappy. Something as simple as a slightly deflated tyre will induce harmonic vibrations.

Here's a completely out-there theory for you....

Given that the vibration matches rpm, you have a new xfer case and diff and your dealer has been over the car to make sure nothing is rubbing; perhaps the balance shaft drive gear has slipped a degree or two on the crank and the balance shaft assembly is now out of phase with the engine?

Gone to Volvo

The type of vibration you are describing usually only comes from 2 places in any car.

1. Engine mounts cracked or miss aligned

2. Drive train not balanced or incorrectly aligned

These places are where i would be looking at.

Especially when you say it hapens driving and stationary too.

Yeah, agree - I has to be something "in-front" of the flywheel.

Will be checking engine mounts (again) and balance shaft this week.