User Tag List

Thread: MPS 6 10mm lower on front drivers side.

1. Default MPS 6 10mm lower on front drivers side.

I thought this may have just been caused by worn shocks/springs but even with my new Bilstein shocks and Eibach springs, the front drivers side still sits around 10mm lower than the passenger side!

Before I go pulling things apart to inspect bushes, end links etc etc, could anyone confirm if this is normal?

It does appear that more of the engine weight is towards the drivers side but I'm not sure.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Crom View Post
    I thought this may have just been caused by worn shocks/springs but even with my new Bilstein shocks and Eibach springs, the front drivers side still sits around 10mm lower than the passenger side!

Before I go pulling things apart to inspect bushes, end links etc etc, could anyone confirm if this is normal?

It does appear that more of the engine weight is towards the drivers side but I'm not sure.
    Sorry I don’t have much direct experience with the 6 myself but it’s not something I’d expect to be noticeable.

I had similar with the rear of my 3 after fitting coilovers which took a few adjustment visits with different service agents to get right.

One suggested a twisted chassis at one point.

I think the OEM springs have slightly different rates left to right at the rear on 3.

They look the same but are marked left and right and if you get them back to front it’ll sit lopsided.

I think that fed into the confusion when I fitted coilies.

I don’t know if the 6 is similar....

What I’m getting at is if the left to right springs are back to front maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Blue Meanie" 2007 Aurora Blue MPS 3 - 18x8.5+44 SSR GTX01 - 235/40R18 Michelin PS5 - 3.5" ETS TMIC - CPE stg 2 mount - HKS/CPE BPV - 2XS inlet - 2XS short shift - Corksport turbo manifold - HT 98 octane tune - Leather/Aluminium handbrake - Momo shifty knob - 7" touchscreen - JDM Mazda Retractable dashtop screen assembly - Bespoke Raspberry Pi Android based GPS/Carplay and instrumentation - 36AH reserve battery and C-TEK isolator - TEIN Street Advanced coilovers 1" drop - Superpro bushings - 220Kw/410Nm.

"Lipstick" 2013 Velocity Red MPS 3 - 18x7.5+48 Enkei RPF1 -225/40R18 Federal RS-RR - CPE TMIC - COBB inlet - CPE stg 2 mount - COBB Stage 1 98 octane tune - COBB shifty knob - 2XS short shift - 2XS turbo manifold.

3. Default

Thanks for the reply Nexus. I'll check the springs for L/R markings but I think this is just how the 6's are. It sat 8-10mm lower on one front right side with the stock suspension, and it still does with the new.

From what I have googled, it seems that it's not uncommon for cars to sit a bit lower on one side or one corner... Definitely a good argument for coilovers over a good shock/spring combo to be made there I think.

I have replaced the front lower control arms since starting this thread so the four main bushes and two of the ball joints are brand new but this had no effect on the ride height as expected.

Over the next few months I'm going to change every bush and ball joint but I realise now that I have to be more careful what I choose.

For example, the quality of the control arms I bought complete with bushes and ball joints from "Aus parts Overstock" is questionable... Only time will tell if they break in nicely but the ball joints seemed VERY stiff and I can actually fell it when turning the steering wheel. It's not bad by any stretch but it doesn't feel right either. One of the ball joints that was replaced was loose in its socket so at least that's fixed.

I think I'll use moog parts from this site in the future:

https://www.moog-suspension-parts.co...a_mazda_6_2006

Even with postage the prices are comparable with the more expensive ebay parts.

I've ordered 4 upper rear "Tru Pro" control arm bushes from ebay. We'll se how that goes...