User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mounting Dashhawk

1. Default Mounting Dashhawk

Thanks to Kblume I am now the owner of a Dashhawk.

I figure I may as well share with you how I have mounted my Dashhawk as I feel it is the best solution.

Firstly I am using the Force Universal Mobile Device Holder. $24.95 from JB-HIFI

This holder can release the Dashhawk at the press of a button, it can also be taken off the windscreen at the press of a button.

The holder is also infinitely adjustable. It has two screws that you can adjust and the mounting point itself is a ball and socket joint - so it has great possibilities too.

This next photo is of it mounted in the car.

And this one is the view down through the windscreen.

To keep the cable out of the way it is wound around the steering wheel column.

Hope this helps anyone with a Dashhawk looking for a way to easily position it.

Good work crusher, may have to get down to JB Hi Fi and get one of those brackets

Great spot mate I had it down in the ashtray, but was a pain to look at whilst driving..

thats pretty good for people who dont wanna do any serious modification of there dash

Ive jammed it in the center aircon vent..
    Sits there by its self and doesn't move!

nice and clean

Great spot for viewing while driving.
    Caution: Never leave it there while the car is parked with closed windows during summer.

I never leave anything like that in open sight regardless of the seasons Those things are easy targets for thieves looking for a quick hit and run.

Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Chrome View Post
    Great spot for viewing while driving.
    Caution: Never leave it there while the car is parked with closed windows during summer.
    Make sure to rub off the suction cup mark too.. they will spot it then smashy smashy..

bastards.
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

I almost wish I had gotten the security tint that I had on my last car. It was suppose to be very tough and could take multiple hits from a bat/crowbar before breaking. Problem was the tint wasn't very dark. Something like this:

[YOUTUBE]ToxIs834tNY[/YOUTUBE]

I had this set up before but was getting very distracted and was having to stare away a bit too much to be able to read it

Before:

So I changed the set-up to this, very similar to crusher's set up

Not as easy to read in daytime since is now exposed to light but now I dont have to steer away much from the road when I wanna have a look.
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

12. Default

Good to see my custom mount is still going strong

If anyone wants to find out how to make one of these mounts, just PM me

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    I had this set up before but was getting very distracted and was having to stare away a bit too much to be able to read it

Before:

So I changed the set-up to this, very similar to crusher's set up

Not as easy to read in daytime since is now exposed to light but now I dont have to steer away much from the road when I wanna have a look.

this is how i got mine mounted..old photos..just used some of that plastic velcro stuff..doesnt move around at all and another 8000km later since they were taken no signs of the adhesive wearing away or the little teeth coming off.

14. Default

I was using the supplied velcro from MSD for mounting the Dashhawk in the XR5, but it marked the dash so I ended up with this mount from Ebay for a whopping $0.99 + $8.95 postage, for the money it really is very good with a a ot of adjustment, works perfectly well with the Dashhawk

Car Holder PDA for Garmin GPS

Finally got mne mounted on the weekend, and I know how much we love pics!

Not like im ever going to use the fag lighter. Enough fag in my life as is!

When I used to have my Dashhawk it was mounted like this:

Now with my DashDaq I've got it mounted similar to everyone else. The device came with a mount which includes the quick release lever that Crusher mentioned, which is very handy.

A picture of my favourite settings

Nuliaj: Hatches are only really half a car anyway.
    shinslinger66: And you forgot to add that they are also a girls car!

wow thats kool...how does that compare to the dashhawk?

Quote Originally Posted by STEALTH_MPS View Post
    wow thats cool...how does that compare to the dashhawk?
    I like this too Do you have the one with GPS? Did you have this on the last cruise? I would've loved to had a demo.

I have my DH in the same place Nuliaj had his, though am liking the look of the DashDaq!
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

Alot more expensive but also a lot more features. The Mazda (Ford) codes cost extra, but once you buy it, you've got it forever. Very configurable, also does customisable visual and audio warnings - mines set to have a woman say 'knock warning' whenever knock is retarded over 1. Alot more signals can be read with this thing than the Dashhawk, probably too many. Also allows you to modify the displays i.e I have boost and fuel pressure displayed in imperial but temperature displayed in metric. The best part is the screens can be designed however you want if you know how to use say photoshop.

Here's an example of one guys STI skin:

Yup I had it on the last cruise.
    Last edited by Nuliaj; 28-07-2009 at 11:46 PM.
    Nuliaj: Hatches are only really half a car anyway.
    shinslinger66: And you forgot to add that they are also a girls car!

hmmm very tempting..any places on the net to get these?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast