User Tag List

Thread: Time for some more fun with 2NV Industries and Freektune

Default Time for some more fun with 2NV Industries and Freektune

So..it's time for some power upgrades, current engine in a MPS 3 2012 gen 2 with a GTX3076 meth injection built by resident forum member Mitch Allen of 2NV Industries and Freektuned who i can't thank enough for their amazing work and assistance over the years. The engine still running like clockwork after near 3 years. This was built from a brand new long block, thread here with wrong title for turbo
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/engin...-gyx3076r.html

I've decided to go a precision 6062 with a custom meth port injection set up, it will still just use 98 pump petrol in the tank and have a separate meth fuel cell that will only trigger split second controller/port injection when needed. The decision for the 6062 comes after seeing how it pretty much spools similar to the current 3076 on the car and i don't want insta wheel spinning boost at 3000rpm ,yet has the ability to make 700whp and spin the engine to 8000rpm. The car will be tuned to run lower power in the first 3 gears for street cruising and then let it eat with slicks at the track.

Another sleeved engine will be built using the original engine that came out of the car to turn the tune to no ****s given mode, i was going to wait until it was built to put the new set up on,but me being master procrastinator have decided to first put the precision and port injection set up on the current engine..This will mean some modifications will need to happen, new dual valve springs will need to be installed on the current engine for the extra rpm.

Some custom fab work will also need to be done for a fuel cell which i am aiming at having fitted inside the front left guard. The current Mazda flanged bell onUltimate Racing DP looks like it can be cut off and a V Band and elbow welded back on.

So onto the list of shit effers. I already have majority of the parts.

Clutch will be another South Bend stage 3 endurance, the one in the car has done around 60,000k and still faultless afterdaily driving and drag strip launches on slicks to run 11 sec times.

DSS level 5.9 axles, massive thanks to Edge Auto Sports for arranging these as the Hubs have to be modified for extra splines, they arranged to get new hubs in the USA and send them to Drive Shaft Shop for modding.

As mentioned custom Aux fuel set up, via a JMF port injected intake manifold running 4 x ID1700cc injectors controlled via a split second controller, fed pure meth by a 380LPH inline AEM pump. Running a return line back to the meth tank. 4 Bar Map sensor.

Head will have custom porting by Mitch of 2NV using supertech 75lb dual valve springs. OEM valves and cams, may upgrade cams later on just to see if they are a benefit. H11 head studs and OEM gasket, Corksport injector seals.

Bottom end will be LA dry sleeved block. Manley I Beams and pistons with upgraded thicker wrist pins, fully balanced. OEM bearings and ARP main studs. Decided to not use a balance shaft with a Massive Speed windage tray in the sump.

Exhaust manifold is the Precision Vband CPE LTR whicch will be ceramic coated with precision 46mm EWG, Hoping the EWG fits as our right hand drives have the aircon lines in a different position due to the brake master cylinder compared to USA LHD, otherwise will have to get a Turbosmart variant that is more compact.

Intake will be a HTP 4 inch.

Car currently runs a vented oil cap and Damond vented catch can and has had zero issues, yet to decide if a an extra can will be added i have purchased a new Perm Tuning dual outlet PCV plate just incase.

Once again big thanks to 2nv Industries, Edge Auto Sport who have amazing customer service for parts i have purchased over the years. The guys from the USA Justin Brasil of Freektune who has also supplied parts, tune and ongoing advice. The bearded yak Bryce Williams known as Lumberjack on the USA forum who i consult and have a laugh with often. James Sembel aka TRBLSM on here who i have discussions with on which direction to go about certain things.

i think that is it, now some pics, that was a lot of typing i need a nap now.This set up isn't to try and be fastest MPS etc, it's more to suprise the shit out of other platforms with a unique car to drive anywhere and when having fun at the strip as a lot of people still think it's an SP with a turbo on it.

Engine rebuild kit lots of new oem bits they are strong,windage tray and perm pcv plate
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rngine rebuildkit.jpg 
Views:	259 
Size:	589.2 KB 
ID:	17923

Sucky thing and controller

Name:	intakenew.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	431.8 KB 
ID:	17924

Expensive bits

Name:	turbexhausgood.jpg 
Views:	274 
Size:	233.3 KB 
ID:	17925

Thicker wrist pin option

Name:	wristpins1.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	389.1 KB 
ID:	17926

Thrust thing

Name:	turbo1.jpg 
Views:	265 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	17927

Name:	turbo2.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	417.6 KB 
ID:	17928

Name:	turbo3.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	343.2 KB 
ID:	17929

Billet axles.

Name:	beef2.jpg 
Views:	277 
Size:	222.6 KB 
ID:	17930

Name:	allthebits.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	350.1 KB 
ID:	17931
    MPS Gen 2 2012 - i think i have Ebola

Looks the goods, super excited to see what she'll run. When do you expect to have it on the road again?!

*Insert stupid FB question*

Will put the precision set up and port injection on current engine hopefully end of FEB, can't be effed getting shit done in the middle of summer.

Really looking forward to see what she can do once the PTE is on.....gonna be a beast for sure

Well that sucks, couple of inline fuel filters for the port injection i need aren't expected to be in stock until back half of March.

Name:	fuelfilterdelay.JPG 
Views:	1268 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	17942

Slowly coming along, hidden wiring and fab work.

Name:	blast.jpg 
Views:	353 
Size:	103.7 KB 
ID:	18017.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fuelcelljet.jpg 
Views:	353 
Size:	453.4 KB 
ID:	18016

The car has been up and running again for the last few months. Just in the middle of some base tunes with the port injection turned on.

This thing just on 24psi and pump fuel advanced timing feels close to what the GTX3076 on meth did with 29psi and 5 degress more timing. Even on it's base map at 19psi it felt strong.

The spool is similar to a 3076 and even as it's spooling it's pushing you into the seat.

Once again Mitch from 2NV Imdustries doing work to perfection as usual

Name:	finishedjet.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	534.1 KB 
ID:	18027

Seems so long ago!

All he engine bits still in the boxes. Still on the skirt wearing built engine from a while back. I need to stop driving like a poof to see if i can blow it lol

10. Default

New Manley design pistons for the spare engine with exhaust cut outs for the option of running after market cams.

Name:	manleynew (2).jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	18074

Nice! Where do they go?

12. Default

In the bin unless the cv boots get done so i can drive the Kent
    Last edited by shaneski; 07-06-2020 at 11:33 PM.