User Tag List

Thread: smoke, oil light car not moving!

Default smoke, oil light car not moving!

ok this was wierd. il be calling mazda to book in for warranty to see whats wrong.

last night i went round a corner not raced round but went round quicker than normal and the car stopped in me. was like it siezed up. i hit brakes and stopped straight away. there was smoke coming out from under the car, the oil light was on and the car would nt go anywhere, was hard to select a gear and power steering cut out. once i got into gear rolled it off to side wand still smoke coming from under car/bonnet. turned it off opened bonnet more smoke frantically looking for a huge ass oil leak but nothing. left car for a minute, went to kick it over and would nt go. tried again a few seconds later and she fired up. now it drives like nothing happened. had a friend with me who is a mechanic so we looked over it and there no oil coming out from anywhere. figured smoke must of come out of airbox from internal. could of it oil locked or ???? it just had its 20k km service. any ideas anyone. i dunno what happened

No idea but that sounds crazy ....when is it booked in sooner than later i hope

3. Default

maybe they forgot to put something back properly with the 20k service, ring them today

car booked in for next tuesday. the mazda guy said maybe its a blocked exhaust. but dont think so. car is boosting fine although it does feel slower since its been in for 20k km service.

Thats the PCM update ....

Ouch... as long as they said its okay to drive till then?

they said drive it as little as possible abd be careful

8. Default

loaner auto 2 for u

i hate the loaner 2's

got car back they could not find anything wrong as i knew they wouldnt . but atleast they know about it so if it happens again or something breaks ive told them.

i have my ideas on what happened. 1 is oil surge but not sure how as i was not driving car that hard, was all wet so only so quick u can go.

11. Default

what colour was the smoke?

are you sure it wasnt steam since you did mention that it was wet? i drove through a really big puddle once and there was steam coming out of the engine bay for over 5 seconds as it was heating up from hitting the sump

have you checked the engine oil dipstick?

ben