User Tag List

Thread: Purchasing an mps6

1. Default Purchasing an mps6

Hi all,New to the forum. Been on the market looking for a car for a little while but not all has appealed to me as I was uncertain on the decision I wanted to make and where to begin. Been a Subaru owner for most of my driving life and a childhood fascination. But recently I have had an attraction to the mps6 still abiding to my awd addiction. I have found one that I am keen on purchasing. However I am looking for some slight assistance on what to look for specifically. First question was the clutch. There is a pop about halfway up the pedal is this normal and is the friction point supposed to sit before or after it.If you guys can add any info or links to specific posts that would be great.Tia and look forward to learning more.

2. Default

The clutch type thing is not normal...

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jozimozi View Post
    The clutch type thing is not normal...

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
    Can you explain how yours feels. But I'll give you a quick rundown of what I felt. So clutch depressed lifting foot pedal feels soft gets about halfway and goes to a solid feel like more force pushing back and the clutch starts to grab then but friction point is a little higher. Also between gears coming off just a little quicker gives it a real jerky feeling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seems your clutch is getting weaker but for your clutch pedal you can do clutch bleed.
    hey guy any personal experience about corksport short shift plate and solid bushes.
    cheers

Looooooooong time no posts here, but good to see some people still around!

The MPS6 clutch is almost on/off - very, very little travel and isn't willing to accept shit shifts :P

Its something that takes a bit to get used to, but from what you're describing, it doesn't seem like there is anything too wrong.
    Deffs look at a clutch line bleed but more importantly how is the gearbox?