User Tag List

Thread: Exhaust Wont Burble after Re-Flashing ECU with burble tune.

1. Default Exhaust Wont Burble after Re-Flashing ECU with burble tune.

Hey all,

A few months ago i got my ecu re-flashed to a tune which would allow the exhaust to burble. The tuner who did it tried many different tunes but whatever he made we could not get the exhaust to burble. He said all the other cars he done worked and he had no idea why mine wasnt. Would anyone have any ideas ?

My car is a Mps 3 BL series.

Ive got a 3 inch catless DP, Sports muffler, HPFP internals, BOV, SRI and a stage 2 custom tune which includes the burble.

Ive tried everything, even when i Rev high and tap the accelerator i get nothing. I really want it to burble. Any ideas?

Blog Entries

G'day. I think you might mean crackle on overrun? If so, my understanding is that the MPS don't have any overrun tables or room in memory to add overrun tables so they cant be programmed to crackle on overrun without an aftermarket ECU or interceptor. Having said that I'd heard someone had figured something out to create the effect, but it's low on my interest rating, so can't tell you any more than that.

Is the tuner familiar with the MPS models and is he referring to other MPS he has worked with, or just other vehicles in general?

I think what you want is rich tune on overrun but see above for probs making that happen. That's as much as I can think of off the top of my head.
    "Blue Meanie" 2007 Aurora Blue MPS 3 - 18x8.5+44 SSR GTX01 - 235/40R18 Michelin PS5 - 3.5" ETS TMIC - CPE stg 2 mount - HKS/CPE BPV - 2XS inlet - 2XS short shift - Corksport turbo manifold - HT 98 octane tune - Leather/Aluminium handbrake - Momo shifty knob - 7" touchscreen - JDM Mazda Retractable dashtop screen assembly - Bespoke Raspberry Pi Android based GPS/Carplay and instrumentation - 36AH reserve battery and C-TEK isolator - TEIN Street Advanced coilovers 1" drop - Superpro bushings - 220Kw/410Nm.

"Lipstick" 2013 Velocity Red MPS 3 - 18x7.5+48 Enkei RPF1 -225/40R18 Federal RS-RR - CPE TMIC - COBB inlet - CPE stg 2 mount - COBB Stage 1 98 octane tune - COBB shifty knob - 2XS short shift - 2XS turbo manifold.

3. Default

Yeah, i have a Cobb AP and the tuner has tuned many other MPS,s and created this crackle effect when backing off the gas. Hes tuned many other MPs's and successfully got them to crackle but mine just wont. Thank for your reply/].

Blog Entries

The main goal here I believe is to have a flame front in the exhaust. I don't know enough about how that's achieved but I expect that since there's no overrun tables, the effect would be programmed into certain running conditions by making those conditions run extremely rich. So...I'm imaging that lifting off at high rpm in-gear would be one condition that could be programmed through standard maps to be rich enough to get pop and crackle, and you'd find the effect isn't there when you lift off with clutch in and only there when lifting off in gear. That's just a guess, I'm sure your tuner probably discussed all that with you. You certainly seem to have a modset that I wouldn't expect to have a problem making noise - catless DP.
    "Blue Meanie" 2007 Aurora Blue MPS 3 - 18x8.5+44 SSR GTX01 - 235/40R18 Michelin PS5 - 3.5" ETS TMIC - CPE stg 2 mount - HKS/CPE BPV - 2XS inlet - 2XS short shift - Corksport turbo manifold - HT 98 octane tune - Leather/Aluminium handbrake - Momo shifty knob - 7" touchscreen - JDM Mazda Retractable dashtop screen assembly - Bespoke Raspberry Pi Android based GPS/Carplay and instrumentation - 36AH reserve battery and C-TEK isolator - TEIN Street Advanced coilovers 1" drop - Superpro bushings - 220Kw/410Nm.

"Lipstick" 2013 Velocity Red MPS 3 - 18x7.5+48 Enkei RPF1 -225/40R18 Federal RS-RR - CPE TMIC - COBB inlet - CPE stg 2 mount - COBB Stage 1 98 octane tune - COBB shifty knob - 2XS short shift - 2XS turbo manifold.