User Tag List

Thread: Mazda3 with Skyactiv-X engine technology caught testing in the wild

Default Mazda3 with Skyactiv-X engine technology caught testing in the wild

Blog Entries

I'm interested to see what might come of performance oriented Skyactiv-X engines. With the engineering behind it optimized mazda may be ready to turn their attention to high performance implementations. It's my understanding that these engines will be leveraging fuel burn conditions that would destroy our MZR's. There's reason to expect that the 30% efficiency and torque gains will also translate into higher boost applications. I'd expect the ECU will run with much higher resolution that our MZR's because the spark timing and monitoring of burn conditions - knock? - will be critical. The first generation Skyactiv don't seem appropriate to construct high boost applications due to the high compression ratio - the CX-9 turbo engine is a low blow and isn't suitable as a starting point for a high performance engine.

I think there is good reason for MPS enthusiasts to watch this space.
    "Blue Meanie" 2007 Aurora Blue MPS 3 - 18x8.5+44 SSR GTX01 - 235/40R18 Michelin PS5 - 3.5" ETS TMIC - CPE stg 2 mount - HKS/CPE BPV - 2XS inlet - 2XS short shift - Corksport turbo manifold - HT 98 octane tune - Leather/Aluminium handbrake - Momo shifty knob - 7" touchscreen - JDM Mazda Retractable dashtop screen assembly - Bespoke Raspberry Pi Android based GPS/Carplay and instrumentation - 36AH reserve battery and C-TEK isolator - TEIN Street Advanced coilovers 1" drop - Superpro bushings - 220Kw/410Nm.

"Lipstick" 2013 Velocity Red MPS 3 - 18x7.5+48 Enkei RPF1 -225/40R18 Federal RS-RR - CPE TMIC - COBB inlet - CPE stg 2 mount - COBB Stage 1 98 octane tune - COBB shifty knob - 2XS short shift - 2XS turbo manifold.