User Tag List

Thread: DISI MZR: 2.3 Engine to a rear wheel drive application

1. Default DISI MZR: 2.3 Engine to a rear wheel drive application

Sorry If this has been covered before ( I did search the forum ) but has anyone done a rwd conversion with a 2.3 MPS engine? I know alot of conversions using a Duratec and was wondering what a 2.3 MPS might do ? What gearbox may be used etc etc - Anyone know of such a conversion?

Blog Entries

I'm not immediately aware of any examples to point you towards, but I think if you can do it with a duratec you could do it with an MZR - same gearboxes etc would bolt up. Did you have a project in mind?
    Not certain, but I believe it can be done. I'd rather like to shoehorn one into an MX-5 myself.

3. Default

I've always wondered as well about this conversion, ever since I got my MPS I've wanted to convert it to rwd but how safe will it be to do so?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mjrumble View Post
    I've always wondered as well about this conversion, ever since I got my MPS I've wanted to convert it to rwd but how safe will it be to do so?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'd expect it to be easier to convert to AWD than RWD....
    With some expensive stuffing around...it's been done.
    I was tempted myself. When I win the lottery....
    "Blue Meanie" 2007 Aurora Blue MPS 3 - 18x8.5+44 SSR GTX01 - 235/40R18 Federal RS-RR - 3.5" ETS TMIC - CPE stg 2 mount - HKS/CPE BPV - 2XS inlet - 2XS short shift - 2XS turbo manifold - Hypertech tune - Leather/Aluminium handbrake - Momo shifty knob - 7" touchscreen - JDM Mazda Retractable dashtop screen assembly - PC based GPS and instrumentation - 36AH reserve battery and C-TEK isolator - TEIN Street Advanced coilovers 1" drop - Superpro bushings - 220Kw/410Nm.

"Lipstick" 2013 Velocity Red MPS 3 - 18x7.5+48 Enkei RPF1 -225/40R18 Federal RS-RR - CPE TMIC - COBB inlet - CPE stg 2 mount - COBB Stage 1 98 octane tune - COBB shifty knob - 2XS short shift.